A New Uberschall (MkII) is coming

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Dunno why I thought they were from Germany, I stand corrected. Still think the price is fair in the current market.

Reinhold is German IIRC so that's probably it.
Yep, dude himself is German but I believe his company has been based in the US since it's inception.

Am I the only one who feels like an onboard boost on an amp (not specific to just this amp) is kind of a silly/'limited' gimmick? Like, if I'm going to spend $3000USD+ on an amp, I'm going to use a boost pedal that has some level of control/versatility and, likely, a particular gain structure/effect. I know that you can just not use it, but it almost seems like an excuse to charge more money or point to an "innovation" that's really not that innovative or useful.

Anyways, this demo sounds better to me than the other ones. Interesting metal amp for the most part.

I don't want to have to tapdance, so the more amps with built-in boosts on the gain channels, the better. Having the option of a fat or tight gain channel, while retaining an un-boosted clean/crunch channel has always been my preference which is why I dont really like to use boosted amps unless I'm dealing with a single-channel amp or modeler.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Musiscience

Reaction score
I couldn’t resist the gas. I’ve been looking for an uberschall for a while and this version has so many options. I got a preorder in with sweetwater. (Someone pls buy some of my amps 😭)
Awesome and congrats! Did they tell you when they will start shipping?

The more I listen to the clips posted by Reza, the more I'm thinking this is one of the best sounding metal amps I've heard. It's shaping up to be something really special.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Awesome and congrats! Did they tell you when they will start shipping?

The more I listen to the clips posted by Reza, the more I'm thinking this is one of the best sounding metal amps I've heard. It's shaping up to be something really special.
They said they expect them to start arriving over the next two months.

GreatGreen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I couldn’t resist the gas. I’ve been looking for an uberschall for a while and this version has so many options. I got a preorder in with sweetwater. (Someone pls buy some of my amps 😭)

Is the new Uberschall really an "Uberschall" though? We have no idea if the EQ controls operate like they did on the classic Uberschall, nor do we know if the Presence is still a mid contour control like it was on the original amps. Because to me, an Uberschall without those things isn't really an Uber, it's... something else.

As of right now, we really have no idea what this amp actually is or how similar it might or might not be from the original amps.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Is the new Uberschall really an "Uberschall" though? We have no idea if the EQ controls operate like they did on the classic Uberschall, nor do we know if the Presence is still a mid contour control like it was on the original amps. Because to me, an Uberschall without those things isn't really an Uber, it's... something else.

As of right now, we really have no idea what this amp actually is or how similar it might or might not be from the original amps.

I hope not. Honestly such a pain to dial those in. 2nd most PIA of all the amps I've had, after the BadCat Lynx 50.

Shorts_Mike

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hope not. Honestly such a pain to dial those in. 2nd most PIA of all the amps I've had, after the BadCat Lynx 50.
This seems to have been the consensus in the past and is one thing that worries me when looking at all of those extra knobs/modes when considering their history. Also, I'd like to know how well the FX Loop functions.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Lol same thought. Even using models of the Uber is a pain. If they made the Uber Ultra easier to use then that's a huge bonus.

...also yes im saying this as one of the big Mesa Mark fanboys on the forum lmao

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Lol same thought. Even using models of the Uber is a pain. If they made the Uber Ultra easier to use then that's a huge bonus.

...also yes im saying this as one of the big Mesa Mark fanboys on the forum lmao

Makes you think how Vogg managed to get an Uber to sound good in the Carnival is Forever album.

Looking at the Uber Ultras' new controls and switches makes me think about the MI Megalith. Metamorph is like the Megalith's Contour knobs. Both have 3 way presence mini switches that moves the presence peak, tight toggles, and voicing switches. V1 on the Megalith sounds like an Uber/Diezel mutant anyway.

tayistay

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is that Bogner logo glued on? First thing I'd do is remove it. Amp would look meaner and cooler without it.

FloridaRolf

Reaction score
any way to get this thing in Europe? I'm still on the fence for a Herbert but used prices are a joke

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I'm excited for this. To me it's like a new sig:x with all the switch's, which is a fantastic thing.

katsumura78

Reaction score
That demo was badass. If the 100 watt EL34 sounds like that, what the heck does the 150 KT88 sound like ?! Sheesh.

sacguy71

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Definitely looking at selling my Uberschall Twinjet to get this for all the new bells and whistles.