Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bdtunn

Reaction score

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely killer looking guitar!!!!!!

Now is this the part of the thread where we all pretend to notice imperfections with the guitar, then make them public and thus making amorydrive nervous....
That or the part of the thread where we all get false hope. Once again popping my head in to say I hope everything works out and people get good guitars. Would hate to see another SSO guitar run shit show but I can't help but get apprehensive when I see the first finished guitar pop up like the Lochness monster in these stories.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That natty looks absolutely beautiful.

I really hope these turn out great. Not just good or acceptable, but great.

So, for folks more in the know, what's the plan going forward? I know they said that 6s are out and only the 8s are to be completed, but does that mean they're winding down or just working on the backlog of 8s only?

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Man, you guys are some of the most understanding/hypocritical (for the lack of better word(s)) people on this planet. First there's like +10-20 pages of flaming towards Abasi because they don't deliver anything (and all the shitshow with the first builder etc.) and once there's some real pics of a guitar you guys praise it and hope all the good for the brand.

Just saying, that's all. :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man, you guys are some of the most understanding/hypocritical (for the lack of better word(s)) people on this planet. First there's like +10-20 pages of flaming towards Abasi because they don't deliver anything (and all the shitshow with the first builder etc.) and once there's some real pics of a guitar you guys praise it and hope all the good for the brand.

Just saying, that's all. :lol:

There's some nuance between criticizing them when they fuck up, and genuinely hoping things turn out well for the customers involved.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
There's some nuance between criticizing them when they fuck up, and genuinely hoping things turn out well for the customers involved.

True, but it feels like everyone was critizing them until they started "delivering" (quotes because I don' think anyone have actually got their guitar yet apart from the endorsed ones) and now everyone seems to love them despite their earlier shady actions.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
True, but it feels like everyone was critizing them until they started "delivering" (quotes because I don' think anyone have actually got their guitar yet apart from the endorsed ones) and now everyone seems to love them despite their earlier shady actions.

Folks are being supportive and optimistic for the benefit of those who ordered and might receiving guitars, but I don't see any blind praise.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

You're looking at this in a very surface level way, I'm not into dog piling on people until they've really fucked up. But at the same time you can acknowledge the facts, I remember going back and forth with Elysian over the semantics of the issues Grover's examples at NAMM had and the reality is they're 5 - 6 months past the projected deadline for their orders.

Seeing guitars produced is absolutely a call for some praise, but if you think anyone here forgets about the negatives and is blindly praising them you're sorely mistaken :lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

Sounds like you’ve never rooted for a sports team. :lol:

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Sounds like you’ve never rooted for a sports team. :lol:

I have, and because of that I can totally see the sudden change in attitude, but I've also learned that it's a very childish thing to do. Of course, being stubborn is too, I mean if Abasi actually becomes a prospering guitar company then it would be stupid to hate them forever because they had a rough start but man, to give a very rough example, it feels like if a child molester suddenly cured cancer when it comes to reading this thread.