Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Cat Guitar has totally won me over again.

I was all ready to be pissy about fancy youtube boi getting a guitar before other people (although, Tosin has confirmed that that would have been an erroneous opinion) but then I saw the kitties.

I want a kitty guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

animalsasleader

Reaction score
I mean, it's not huge biggie. If I could afford one right now, you better believe I'd get a custom graphic on it. I have vinyl "skins" on a few of my other guitars. Makes it harder to sell them when you're trying to make a quick buck to buy a whim guitar. I think it's great that it's even an option to get graphics on them... Can you get custom images, or are there only pre-selected images?
For now we’re doing pre-selected images. But maybe in the future we could offer custom graphics. Seems like it’d be a cool way to personalize a build.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
We a actually have completed Japanese J Larada 7 & 8 shipping early January. The US Larada 6 w/ trems above are shipping Jan. US Larada 8 shipping March/April. View attachment 75719View attachment 75720 View attachment 75721

Thanks a lot for the quick update. Does this mean new orders could be made on the US website sometime in early 2020 or are the guitars you mention for pre-existing orders?

In any case, it’s great to see production is going well. Congrats!

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
Even though I'm not a huge fan of the design, I love that something well produced at some scale in the US is being done with a multiscale. Its been really important in modern guitar design. Seeing this get off the ground and shipping I think will be good for the industry. Some will love them. Others will hate them. Either way, people are going to talk about them.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Even though I'm not a huge fan of the design, I love that something well produced at some scale in the US is being done with a multiscale. Its been really important in modern guitar design. Seeing this get off the ground and shipping I think will be good for the industry. Some will love them. Others will hate them. Either way, people are going to talk about them.

reads your comment.
looks at stack of straight scale sixes tosin posted
scratches head.

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
reads your comment.
looks at stack of straight scale sixes tosin posted
scratches head.

The multiscales are out there. As is evidenced by Mr. Dine's Mrow Stick. The little produced Ibanez multiscales show up one at a time in big box stores like GC, and are made in Indonesia. They also feel like they were made in Indonesia. Several Wall Hangers in a nice guitar shop with obvious multiscale and standard scale options will draw attention. People will try them. Its a better situation than the Kiesel buy, wait, try thing. Its right there and doesn't require commitment. There's a shop here in town that picked up Ormsby last year. I'd be surprised if I don't see some Laradas in there by late 2020, unless Tosin wants to keep it direct to customer.

animalsasleader

Reaction score
Tosin, is there any stock coming to Europe any time soon, or do I have to order through you guys and have it shipped here?

Currently we have no European distributors but we have spoken with the usual suspects. We’re going to figure out the best situation for us at NAMM. For now, we ship worldwide.

animalsasleader

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the quick update. Does this mean new orders could be made on the US website sometime in early 2020 or are the guitars you mention for pre-existing orders?

In any case, it’s great to see production is going well. Congrats!

Thanks. Almost all of the 8 strings arriving from Japan are spoken for but we will have quite a few seven strings for sale.