Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
Also, we've been getting by just fine using regular 9V batteries in EMGs for roughly 40 years. (Which, unlike Fishmans, aren't godawful sounding—but that's another discussion.)
giphy.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Also, we've been getting by just fine using regular 9V batteries in EMGs for roughly 40 years. (Which, unlike Fishmans, aren't godawful sounding—but that's another discussion.)

yikes. don't judge everything on the moderns.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
A2D9D793-DBC6-48F8-9B18-1CDD6C8B3DB1.jpeg
I bet it would be easy to make a stereo audio cable that sends the pickup signal to the tip, and feeds 9v on the ring. 5022C752-E44E-46B8-BF34-C315E743D7BF.jpeg
Then make a small pedal with the stereo input jack, a mono guitar out, and hook the 9v lead directly to the 9v power input.
CEE0332E-9C54-43F1-9027-0F26F384A77E.jpeg
Then you wouldn’t need batteries at all. Your pickups would be powered when you plug in. Just run your regular guitar cable from the amp to the pedal, plug in the pedal with your pedal power supply, and hook up the stereo cable between the pedal and guitar.
BF672324-76CE-4BF5-88EC-5CB4F0A9D5C1.jpeg

Zhysick

Reaction score
View attachment 77234
I bet it would be easy to make a stereo audio cable that sends the pickup signal to the tip, and feeds 9v on the ring. View attachment 77233
Then make a small pedal with the stereo input jack, a mono guitar out, and hook the 9v lead directly to the 9v power input.
View attachment 77235
Then you wouldn’t need batteries at all. Your pickups would be powered when you plug in. Just run your regular guitar cable from the amp to the pedal, plug in the pedal with your pedal power supply, and hook up the stereo cable between the pedal and guitar.
View attachment 77236

Like this?
https://www.emgpickups.com/es-918.html

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
My J Larada has shipped last week and so far great communication with Abasi Concepts.

Constructive suggestion: Don’t use UPS for international orders. Their customs brokerage process is crap, you need to send them an email or call them to have your stuff clear customs. This may bring additional delays. Moreover, their brokerage services are overpriced. FedEx is waaaay better IMO.

Anyhow, as I said, great communication and customer service from Ivan thus far.

Planned delivery is next week. When my tendinitis goes away I’ll post a NGD video.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
yikes. don't judge everything on the moderns.

I have Fluence Moderns in my Strandberg Singularity and they sound fine. What do you dislike about them (besides common gripes with actives).

@MaxOfMetal : yeah I agree. That being said, requiring residential customers to send brokerage information through email for a shipment from the US to Canada is a bit much IMO.

Last edited:

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I have Fluence Moderns in my Strandberg Singularity and they sound fine. What do you dislike about them (besides common gripes with actives).

@MaxOfMetal : yeah I agree. That being said, requiring residential customers to send brokerage information through email for a shipment from the US to Canada is a bit much IMO.

Nothing. I’ve got a pair of moderns, classics, and abasis. Just think the moderns are the least good out of all of them I’ve tried and they are the ones that come in a lot of guitars so it’s what most people think of.

NCeuRign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Two random questions:
  1. normally I hate websites that auto-play music (especially when I'm at work) but anyone know if the Abasi concepts website soundtrack is available elsewhere?
  2. I'm interested in a USA Larada 8 when they become available. The Js say they come in a shipping box or a bag. Any option of a hard case? Or what are people using?
I realise these are questions for Tosin but someone else might know the answers and others might be interested in the answers too.

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
View attachment 77234
I bet it would be easy to make a stereo audio cable that sends the pickup signal to the tip, and feeds 9v on the ring. View attachment 77233
View attachment 77235
View attachment 77236

BiLT includes this very pedal with their Relevators with the built in pedals. For live use with wireless we actually made a TRS cable that splits between the wireless pack and a 9v barrel connector. We have Pedaltrain Voltos attached to our straps for wireless power!

cip 123

Reaction score
I don't mean to clog this thread up or derail but just since Abasi seemed open to finishing options I figure I'll throw another idea in for the future since I think it looks kinda cool, and it was sort of in keeping with the "supercar/racecar" vibe. Also this build is just for fun, I mean no disrespect :) @animalsasleader

Didn't ever intend to post more of this in this thread, or cross any forum rules by doing so I just think it's a cool look for the Larada.

84057394_10216828709691529_1147473372951609344_o.jpg

Last edited:

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Abasi Concepts is the No Man's Sky of guitars. First they gave promises, then they gave shit, then they gave good shit. Hell, from the beginning I hated these guitars just because of the design but slowly but surely I'm starting to GAS for one. :lol:

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
Abasi Concepts is the No Man's Sky of guitars. First they gave promises, then they gave shit, then they gave good shit. Hell, from the beginning I hated these guitars just because of the design but slowly but surely I'm starting to GAS for one. :lol:

I'm having the same conundrum. Though, I think my incoming Oni will quench GAS for a while. At least for guitars.