Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Benadon

Reaction score
Man people sure are critical here.
My charcoal burl awaits me at home.

Gearzilla

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I received my legion 8 string in aquaburst a couple of days ago.

The guitar was issue free, and came set up with great action.

One of the lucky ones I guess.

Just wanted to let people know that not every build has issues.

Great guitar!

Benadon

Reaction score
Awesome to hear about the good builds! Some weren't so lucky. We aren't critical. Just conscious consumers.
Oh yeah for sure. It just that shit happens, even a friends mayones custom shop came with many issues such as bad electronics. (4k$)

Lastronaut

Reaction score
My blue sage 7 came in. Mirrors some of the issues some have spoke about..

Can someone who has one snap a few pictures of the nutt for me please. Particularly on the sides where it meets the headstock/neck.

Not sure if they all look the way mine does....but it dont look right lol.

I'd like to make sure they dont all look the same way before I go sending ivan an email.

Thanks in advance.

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Could someone proved some neck width or string spacing measurements?

BodyNoOrgans

Reaction score
My blue sage 7 came in. Mirrors some of the issues some have spoke about..

Can someone who has one snap a few pictures of the nutt for me please. Particularly on the sides where it meets the headstock/neck.

Not sure if they all look the way mine does....but it dont look right lol.

I'd like to make sure they dont all look the same way before I go sending ivan an email.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 67

BodyNoOrgans

Reaction score
Just got my Larada 8 in today. Overall, it plays very well; great setup and comfortable to hold. I do notice a few blemishes -- the most blaring of which is tool marking near the nut on the treble side of the neck. It doesn't affect the playability or anything, but it is kind of annoying, especially considering my Ormsby Goliath 8 was pretty much in perfect condition and was a few hundred dollars less.

I'll probably keep it since it sounds so great and plays smoothly, but I definitely see how some could justify returning theirs.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Just got my Larada 8 in today. Overall, it plays very well; great setup and comfortable to hold. I do notice a few blemishes -- the most blaring of which is tool marking near the nut on the treble side of the neck. It doesn't affect the playability or anything, but it is kind of annoying, especially considering my Ormsby Goliath 8 was pretty much in perfect condition and was a few hundred dollars less.

I'll probably keep it since it sounds so great and plays smoothly, but I definitely see how some could justify returning theirs.

Should still email abasi concepts and let them know the issue. Reporting issues to them directly is the only way these will improve for the next run :)

BodyNoOrgans

Reaction score
Should still email abasi concepts and let them know the issue. Reporting issues to them directly is the only way these will improve for the next run :)
Yep, already emailed them! Still happy to support the company -- hopefully they get some QC issues solved for the next run.

sym30l1c

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not sure if already posted. This one has some minor issues with fretwork and finish near the nut.

bassisace

Reaction score
Man people sure are critical here.
My charcoal burl awaits me at home.

Oh yeah for sure. It just that shit happens, even a friends mayones custom shop came with many issues such as bad electronics. (4k$)

I hear you, but I think the main point here is the proportion of builds with QC problems from Abasi seems high compared to other brands.

Hell, even their website’s features some Legion pics with some finish issues.