Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity Prescott

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was hoping that Space T would be mentioned on the JRE episode. At a couple points during the podcast I felt like it was so close to being mentioned, lol..

Trinity Prescott

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Tbh I think the legions look dope. They have the right pickups and tuning machines. The right neck and body design. All the things I want the abasi shit for anyways. My 2228m is killing me. Lol.

Grickman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Been lurking these forums. Looks like tosin is getting ready for another drop

Grickman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
in March.

would be awesome to have some more legions though
Yeah.

I'm not certain if I want to gamble on one given the QC horror stories I've heard, but I'm dabbling with getting my first ER guitar. Maybe 7, maybe 8. Anyways, let's see what happens

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah.

I'm not certain if I want to gamble on one given the QC horror stories I've heard, but I'm dabbling with getting my first ER guitar. Maybe 7, maybe 8. Anyways, let's see what happens
I'm a little late to the party, I wasn't really aware of Legion horror stories however. I thought the general consensus was pretty good?

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party, I wasn't really aware of Legion horror stories however. I thought the general consensus was pretty good?

not sure. The horror stories were on the limited gloss painted models which there were only 25 of each made. I remember at least 5 blue sage being messed up and returned

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure. The horror stories were on the limited gloss painted models which there were only 25 of each made. I remember at least 5 blue sage being messed up and returned
Ouch. I really wish these weren't batch made so they were more readily available to try. After getting my Strandberg I'm interested in multiscale and wanting to branch out to see if other guitars non-Ibby are for me. And the legion checks a lot of boxes.

So the non-limited burled ones didn't have the issues?

MrWulf

Reaction score
Considering i can splurge 2.7k or so for a Balaguer Tartarus that is semi custom with infinitely bettee QC? Yes

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering i can splurge 2.7k or so for a Balaguer Tartarus that is semi custom with infinitely bettee QC? Yes
You mean an extra $1k gets you better QC? Who would have ever thought that was a thing...Legions are only $1800 (IIRC)

That's also a totally different guitar. Like comparing apples and peanut butter.

MrWulf

Reaction score
Even at 1.8k i'd rather get a Schecter for something that is actually reliable and high quality in the same price bracket but hey if mediocre QC'd spaceman shape guitar that get you hot and bothered at night then feels free to take the risk.

Jack McGoldrick

Reaction score
You mean an extra $1k gets you better QC? Who would have ever thought that was a thing...Legions are only $1800 (IIRC)

That's also a totally different guitar. Like comparing apples and peanut butter.
I got a guitar from my local luthier full bells and whistles and it’s near flawless for less than a legion