Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
While I’m talking trash.. anyone know what string gauges tosin uses now days? All I can find is info from his Ibanez era. Tired of my low strings feeling like bass strings. Also dude.... am I the only one that thinks the LACS laradas are the raddest looking ones??

NYXL 9.5 set with an extra 0.56 for seven string guitars. Dunno about the eighth string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CW7

Reaction score
my preconceptions are that he seemed like a shady character immediately, even before the drama. but going solely off of the official statement issued by abasi concepts... i really dont read that as a blatant lie. and yes, luckily for frank, i guess there's no way to know. but it just sort of sounds obvious to me. why would they issue that statement in great detail and its just a blatant lie? nah. either way. im glad it didnt kill the company. i cant wait to see what they do. fuck that shrimp dick.

You’re entitled of course to your opinion, but I can tell you from numerous dealings with Frank that couldn’t be father from the truth. Does it not make sense that Abasi guitars would issue a “statement” that paints then in an ideal light?
You’re making a lot of assumptions based on one party’s description of what happened. If you dig Abasi, that’s fine. I do too. I have 3 of them. BUT/ throwing Frank under the proverbial bus when you don’t have his side, nor have you spoken with him about it, isn’t really fair. There’s a LOT more to that situation than meets the eye.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I can give my 2 cents about Frank. I recently got a guitar from him, and he was super nice, very communicative, and incredibly humble. And the guitar is amazing. I’m not sure what happened with the Tosin situation, and I was initially on Tosin’s “side” when it went down (based strictly on hearsay), but now that I’ve dealt with Frank directly for a few months, I’m fully comfortable with ordering from Frank and giving him money. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who was very trustworthy.

Vroth88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Legion had the following string gauges (so Im guessing that so does Tosin at most times):
  • Strings: D’Addario 9.5 NYXL + .056, .074

Trinity Prescott

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You’re entitled of course to your opinion, but I can tell you from numerous dealings with Frank that couldn’t be father from the truth. Does it not make sense that Abasi guitars would issue a “statement” that paints then in an ideal light?
You’re making a lot of assumptions based on one party’s description of what happened. If you dig Abasi, that’s fine. I do too. I have 3 of them. BUT/ throwing Frank under the proverbial bus when you don’t have his side, nor have you spoken with him about it, isn’t really fair. There’s a LOT more to that situation than meets the eye.

I’d be interested in hearing it because you can read the original statement then their response to Frank’s statement and it reads pretty straight forward. They’d have to be straight up lying in any other situation and it just really doesn’t appear that they are straight up lying. Let’s face it even if there’s a million details between the two parties, it all boils down to the statement being the truth or a lie. I actually reported my earlier comments and had them removed because Frank contacted me and yes he’s a super nice guy. He doesn’t have to say very much to become very likable. So I def want to sincerely retract any comment I made before this one about this situation. And yes I am just a ground level consumer. I don’t feel qualified to really have a counting opinion in this matter at all tbh. I went down a rabbit hole in this forum the other day and felt invested in the drama for a brief moment. It looks like both parties have moved on since this situation and are doing just fine. I def don’t want to disturb that.

Reactions: CW7

Trinity Prescott

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Legion had the following string gauges (so Im guessing that so does Tosin at most times):
  • Strings: D’Addario 9.5 NYXL + .056, .074

why the hell doesn’t anyone make a middle weight string set for eight string guitars? Like a balanced 9-72. You can always get a 9-80 and swap the low strings but it throws the set off balance.

I play music

Reaction score
why the hell doesn’t anyone make a middle weight string set for eight string guitars? Like a balanced 9-72. You can always get a 9-80 and swap the low strings but it throws the set off balance.
They do? Framus Strings make 09-74 for example

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can give my 2 cents about Frank. I recently got a guitar from him, and he was super nice, very communicative, and incredibly humble. And the guitar is amazing. I’m not sure what happened with the Tosin situation, and I was initially on Tosin’s “side” when it went down (based strictly on hearsay), but now that I’ve dealt with Frank directly for a few months, I’m fully comfortable with ordering from Frank and giving him money. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who was very trustworthy.

I just think it was a big ugly business transaction, basically. I don't think there was anything nefarious as much as two people working on a fledgling business together for the first time and mistakes were made. For all the accusations that got thrown around, Frank has show his ability to produce a guitar someone paid for and Tosin has shown his ability to get his guitars made and delivered.

Everything else that happened from A to B seems kinda immaterial at this point, considering those two facts.

Jack McGoldrick

Reaction score
I've talked to Frank a few times and he's just really nice, down to earth decent guy. Haven't tried his guitars but I've only heard good things apart from Tosin. He usually pops up when his name is mentioned to say "Shhhhh leave me out of it".

Also I stopped getting email notifications for this which seemed okay, nothings changed in like a month.

And y'all convinced me the Abasi's weren't the move so I went to a local guy and got the cleanest and best sounding build ive ever played and if was less expensive than an import larada.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I've talked to Frank a few times and he's just really nice, down to earth decent guy. Haven't tried his guitars but I've only heard good things apart from Tosin. He usually pops up when his name is mentioned to say "Shhhhh leave me out of it".

Also I stopped getting email notifications for this which seemed okay, nothings changed in like a month.

And y'all convinced me the Abasi's weren't the move so I went to a local guy and got the cleanest and best sounding build ive ever played and if was less expensive than an import larada.

this is now the thread to post pictures of guitars that clearly should have been headless.

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was on "Tosin's side" at first as well, but then I watched this video with Frank and it totally changed my mind about what went down. This simply sounds like an inexperienced company pushing a builder to grow too fast, and an impatient Japanese market buyer taking possession of unfinished instruments. I think this drama really needs to die. Frank is a super rad dude.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I was on "Tosin's side" at first as well, but then I watched this video with Frank and it totally changed my mind about what went down. This simply sounds like an inexperienced company pushing a builder to grow too fast, and an impatient Japanese market buyer taking possession of unfinished instruments. I think this drama really needs to die. Frank is a super rad dude.

Yea, Abasi neck gap-gate was not SSO's proudest moment. But there's still a lot of drama and mystery regarding the end of Falbo-Abasi guitars, lilkely more than I would dismiss as growing too quickly. Absolutely looking forward to the Lifetime Original Movie, "An Infinite Regression: The Falbo-Abasi Guitars Story".

Dayn

Reaction score
Yea, Abasi neck gap-gate was not SSO's proudest moment. But there's still a lot of drama and mystery regarding the end of Falbo-Abasi guitars, lilkely more than I would dismiss as growing too quickly. Absolutely looking forward to the Lifetime Original Movie, "An Infinite Regression: The Falbo-Abasi Guitars Story".
The cognitive contortions people get themselves into about isolated incidents...

Jack McGoldrick

Reaction score
I thought people played the falbo guitars and they were not great, hense why they’re sitting on digi years later

Latest posts