Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

JaxoBuzzo

....ing river pirate
Reaction score
I've searched and searched this thread (and others) for this specific topic on these guitars, but haven't really come across anything yet. So, I apologize if I'm just beating a dead horse here.

Has anyone expereinced any intonation issues here with there Larada? I bought a Larada Legion 7 b-stock second hand from the batch at the end of '22. It was perfect whenever I recieved it from the original owner. I changed the strings with the same guage as originally recieved, still perfect. I've changed them twice since then, still same the same guage/same tuning etc. and I cannot get this thing intonated. It's the weirdest thing that I cannot for the life of me diagnose. It's intune at Open, 5th, and 12th fret with a strobe tuner. but playing two adjacent strings with a 5 fret stretch is very flat and very awful. What gives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I've searched and searched this thread (and others) for this specific topic on these guitars, but haven't really come across anything yet. So, I apologize if I'm just beating a dead horse here.

Has anyone expereinced any intonation issues here with there Larada? I bought a Larada Legion 7 b-stock second hand from the batch at the end of '22. It was perfect whenever I recieved it from the original owner. I changed the strings with the same guage as originally recieved, still perfect. I've changed them twice since then, still same the same guage/same tuning etc. and I cannot get this thing intonated. It's the weirdest thing that I cannot for the life of me diagnose. It's intune at Open, 5th, and 12th fret with a strobe tuner. but playing two adjacent strings with a 5 fret stretch is very flat and very awful. What gives?
Which brand of strings and when did you buy them? I had to move away from D'Addarios after the coof because I kept having issues that I could not trace to the guitar and had feedback from a couple of people with similar problems. That was a decent while back however.

TheCanadianNews

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Which one?
Larada or EMI?
Legion?
J? I have 2 7s but no 8. I can measure for you if you need
Master series?
Laradas, ideally a Master 8. But I am trying to get ahold of Abasi Concepts directly and they do not seem to have/or be willing to share these types of measurements. Honestly, it's been a little frustrating to try to determine if I continue to hold out for a Master Larada. I really didn't jive with the Relic drop.

I really dislike the Musicman necks, so want to ensure the Abasis aren't the same dimensions, or similar.

Appreciate any help!

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Laradas, ideally a Master 8. But I am trying to get ahold of Abasi Concepts directly and they do not seem to have/or be willing to share these types of measurements. Honestly, it's been a little frustrating to try to determine if I continue to hold out for a Master Larada. I really didn't jive with the Relic drop.

I really dislike the Musicman necks, so want to ensure the Abasis aren't the same dimensions, or similar.

Appreciate any help!
Honestly, if you hit up Ivan Chopik on instagram he would probably message you back.
He's COO at Abasi, edited to mention he also rips on guitar.

TheCanadianNews

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Honestly, if you hit up Ivan Chopik on instagram he would probably message you back.
He's COO at Abasi, edited to mention he also rips on guitar.
I've messaged Ivan and he never answered me back in the past. I also asked Marshall directly via Abasi Concepts email and said they don't get into those measurements.

I am confused. Is my experience wildly different than others? Customer service I wish I could say it has been better than I've seen.

prosteve

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What string guage are my fellow Emi 7 players using? I'd like to go heavier but this is my first tremolo bridge and I'm scared I'll junk something up.

TheCanadianNews

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Appreciate any help!
@r3tr0sp3ct1v3 any measurements?

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Was anyone able to cop an emi 8 at their last drop? Or was it all bots lmao
Maybe I'm not following the right people, but the only people I see playing Emi's seem to be endorsed.
It would be cool to see a legion series Emi that is less expensive so more people can get there hands on them. The 7 is pretty much my dream shredder right now.

Edit, Just looked on Reverb and there's an Emi 8 Green Apple for 7,700 US...

Bassnguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not following the right people, but the only people I see playing Emi's seem to be endorsed.
It would be cool to see a legion series Emi that is less expensive so more people can get there hands on them. The 7 is pretty much my dream shredder right now.

Edit, Just looked on Reverb and there's an Emi 8 Green Apple for 7,700 US...
yea that’s my impression too. I had tried to cop some laradas back then but everytime i tried to, by the time i settled on the finish that i wanted, it was always already out of stock (within minutes). And all that was left (if there was any left to begin with) was maybe 2-3 ones with the fugliest finishes. It’s just a joke at this point everytime they release. I’d rather just get an aristides

Latest posts