Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It took me a lot of attempts to find what worked for me. I still have some experiments I'd like to try at some point, but for years I've been using a 70 on my 25.5 scale at Bb. It's a thick core though, but because it's a stainless steel Boomer it offsets the thick core aspect while still giving that stability and fat fundmental of a thick core but the transients are sitll their because of thestainless. I'd recommend anyone to try them that's interested. Before that I used a simlar 74 but it had a double fine wind. It was a bit much for me but I could see going to that on a longer scale for sure.

Most conventional guitar strings are a steel core with nickel steel wraps. The GHS Boomers are no exception, steel core with nickel plated steel wraps. Just like D'Addario EXL or EB Slinkys.

The only stainless steel GHS strings are the Super Steels.

From GHS' site:

original.png

The "NPS" stands for Nickel Plated Steel.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Most conventional guitar strings are a steel core with nickel steel wraps. The GHS Boomers are no exception, steel core with nickel plated steel wraps. Just like D'Addario EXL or EB Slinkys.

The only stainless steel GHS strings are the Super Steels.

From GHS' site:

original.png

The "NPS" stands for Nickel Plated Steel.
- Weird. I've always had it in my head they were stainless wraps. I must have swtiched to the Super Steel 70's from the Boomers on my low when I went from 74 to 70 gauge. The rest are Boomer type and Burnished.
- I noticed they've changed the bright to mellow chart. The old one that looked like a rainbow color was a little different. Now they say Sub-Zero's are brighter than Boomers? That's definitely not my take on them. They're darker for sure. I've been using the Sub's on my high 2 strings because they are darker and less piercing and more mellow than plain steel. They even use to advertise them that way I'm pretty sure. The Burnished Nickel Rockers are more dull than the regular Nickel Rockers too, imo. They take the twang outta the plain G string and the Nickel Rockers are a little brighte but not like a plain steel. Weird stuff. I wonder if they changed their formula or something. What's really weird is that they say the Super Steels (their brightess string) is perfect for Jazz?...? I guess that could go either way.
- Thanks for the info. Now I gotta go check all my custom sets to see if they sent me the wrong stuff. I think I switched to the Supers when going from 74 to 70 and thought they were a type of Boomer, but then they sent me a bunch of Dy-70's and I inadvertently switched back to Boomers when I ran out of the Supers. Now I gotta reorder the Supers again. Ugh.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pwntus

Reaction score
This arrived at my door today!
That looks so nice! Please give us your thoughts! I managed to snag one of the Chalk 8 strings and im eagerly waiting to get mine shipped though that will probably take quite a while before its in my hands.

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
Well hot damn since no one else has asked, how is it?
As primarily a 6 string player, it does take a hot minute to get used to the closer string spacing. But beyond that I don't really see myself playing another 8 and that's mainly because I have wrist problems so I need fan fret on that many strings amd the asymmetrical neck is a HUGE perk.

As far as playability goes it's fantastic. Good low action, no buzz, about what you'd expect. I've been trying to learn how to thump and I think the tighter string spacing makes it a little easier some to degree? Or maybe Tosin left some mojo on it who knows lol

It's also SUPER light with the basswood body and is super well balanced. You could balance it on your index finger at the 24th fret neck/body connection perfectly.

I could go on and on but the short of it is the guitar just stays out of your way. Definitely one of the "super cars" of guitars right now. Misha wasnt too far off calling it an Aston lol

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
As primarily a 6 string player, it does take a hot minute to get used to the closer string spacing. But beyond that I don't really see myself playing another 8 and that's mainly because I have wrist problems so I need fan fret on that many strings amd the asymmetrical neck is a HUGE perk.

As far as playability goes it's fantastic. Good low action, no buzz, about what you'd expect. I've been trying to learn how to thump and I think the tighter string spacing makes it a little easier some to degree? Or maybe Tosin left some mojo on it who knows lol

It's also SUPER light with the basswood body and is super well balanced. You could balance it on your index finger at the 24th fret neck/body connection perfectly.

I could go on and on but the short of it is the guitar just stays out of your way. Definitely one of the "super cars" of guitars right now. Misha wasnt too far off calling it an Aston lol

That's killer dude, because the root of my particular brand of gear whoring is to buy gear that I don't have to think about. I have a US build coming in a few months hopefully, but soon as these come up in stock again I can see myself grabbing a Chartreuse one, that color and that wenge neck are sooo nice.

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
That's killer dude, because the root of my particular brand of gear whoring is to buy gear that I don't have to think about. I have a US build coming in a few months hopefully, but soon as these come up in stock again I can see myself grabbing a Chartreuse one, that color and that wenge neck are sooo nice.
Exactly! I dont really have a "shredder" guitar (mostly Gibson and Balaguers) and it's not something I do a lot, but I've been getting more professional gigs lately so ive been needing to round out the selection. This will be getting a lot of use on a musical I'm helping develop with a label and having something rock solid with a ton of versatility that just stays out of my way is exactly what I need to be able to work effectively

Freakyfredreaky

Reaction score

Not sure I'm doing this right to ask you more... But is the neck asymmetrical? I read somewhere or dreamt they were lol

Jack McGoldrick

Reaction score
That has been a big part of these for years, tighter string spacing so they’re easier for sid string players to get into

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Wait, the string spacing is tighter than normal. That bums me out if that’s the case, because I just cannot deal with narrow string spacing. @AmoryDrive do you have a nut width measurement on that?
I heard somwhere about a Daemoness with a 50mm on a 7 string. That peaked my interest. That extra 2mm would probably help quite a bit for my fingers I think. I'm sure those are well worth it but the wait time I just can't do right now. I'd love to see more 7's with a wider spacing though.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I think daemoness is 50mm to 70mm. So an extra mm either side all the way up the neck which allows larger than normal string spacing.

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
Wait, the string spacing is tighter than normal. That bums me out if that’s the case, because I just cannot deal with narrow string spacing. @AmoryDrive do you have a nut width measurement on that?

Tighter than a 6 string (that I'm used to) yes. I'll find a way to measure it when I get home from work for ya

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
I like tighter string spacing. But I also don't have Steve Vai hands either. So I guess that makes sense.