Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
My replacement is on the way! Ivan also says they were able to fix the one I sent back so I suspect it'll be up for sale again at some point.

Sounds sketchy. Do you think a level and crown would fix that? I'd love to know what their "fix" was if your guy couldn't get that neck to settle.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
My tech said warped neck, their tech said high frets. I'm not comfortable getting into a he said/she said argument about it, so I opted to go with the replacement guitar.

cip 123

Reaction score
Sounds sketchy. Do you think a level and crown would fix that? I'd love to know what their "fix" was if your guy couldn't get that neck to settle.
It could have eventually settled to a point that when Abasi got their hands on it, they could fix it. However I wouldn't wanna touch that neck if its that much of a pain to fix. Bad luck to whoever blindly buys that one when it's restocked.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if humidity played a part in it? Neck was warped in Halifax but when it got back to LA it straightened out again?

I feel like a warped neck would required them to remove the fretboard, level the neck plank again, and then put a new fretboard on.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Wonder if humidity played a part in it? Neck was warped in Halifax but when it got back to LA it straightened out again?

I feel like a warped neck would required them to remove the fretboard, level the neck plank again, and then put a new fretboard on.

I wouldn't be shocked, wood is weird sometimes and Halifax's climate sucks ass for guitars.

Ramburger

Reaction score
Snagged the bell garden one from the last batch to go along with the J7!
4Gxr5Vb.jpg

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Since we're not seeing any of the Js or Master Series getting flipped on Reverb, I suspect we'll eventually hit a saturation point where the hardcore nerds will all have theirs and then they'll be easier to grab.

Either that or people are hoarding them to sell if Abasi Concepts ever crumbles.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
It's just a bad look refurbing the thing, sort of tacky for a brand that wants to seem high end or "boutique".

Just bandsaw the thing like any respectable builder would do (and does), and write it off, or just turn it into a mule.

:2c:

Yeah, we'll see what they do with it. I'm just guessing since they took the time to fix it up.

TheInvisibleHand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Over/under on Legion dropping this weekend?

Also, Im curious to know what the "big news" is that they teased last email.

Jack McGoldrick

Reaction score
Twelve string, nine string, double cut, no cut aways, single neck pickup are all the dodgy ideas I can come up with

Jack McGoldrick

Reaction score
I've been saying as long as I've been playing 7s/8s I will buy any electric 14 or 16 string guitars that are made.
In some deep dark part of the internet I saw a hybrid guitar (Charlie Hunter style) with the three four bass strings strung like a twelve and the three guitar strings regular. It really haunts me what people commission