Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Lastronaut

Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear more about the Legion's but if they turn out good I'm 100% buying a blue sage 7 string. Ever since I got my first RGD that type of body carve is such a huge pl

I've got a blue sage 7 on the way. I'll report back when I get a chance to put it through its paces. Fingers crossed it'll be a good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lastronaut

Reaction score
Bummed I cancelled my order but at the same time happy because I ended up getting a Mint UV777BK and still had money leftover.

For me it was definitely hard to justify spending 2k on a guitar made in WMI. Especially when you factor in the fact that Abasi seems to have had some QC issues. If your willing to look at the used market 2k goes a long way in my opinion.....but in the end I hopped on board the hype train.....I really hope once I get the guitar in my hands I feel slightly justified in spending that money. Either way I'm excited.

BodyNoOrgans

Reaction score
Has anyone just had their order sitting on 'Shipment Ready for UPS'? It says the estimated delivery date is Thursday (10/22), but it hasn't been updated since last Thursday.

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has anyone just had their order sitting on 'Shipment Ready for UPS'? It says the estimated delivery date is Thursday (10/22), but it hasn't been updated since last Thursday.
Yea that happened to me, basically the creation of the UPS labels they made entered the system and alerted a bunch of people that they would deliver last Thursday, then once my guitar actually got scanned in the system the delivery window was updated. I sent Ivan an email the 2nd day and he responded thanking me for my patience as they apparently had a lot of guitars to ship. I hope yours gets figured out soon!

BodyNoOrgans

Reaction score
Yea that happened to me, basically the creation of the UPS labels they made entered the system and alerted a bunch of people that they would deliver last Thursday, then once my guitar actually got scanned in the system the delivery window was updated. I sent Ivan an email the 2nd day and he responded thanking me for my patience as they apparently had a lot of guitars to ship. I hope yours gets figured out soon!

Yeah, I figured they're probably the busiest they've ever been, so that's understandable. Hopefully it gets here by the end of the week, but I'm not sweating it.

Lastronaut

Reaction score

Figured this was the case. Hopefully its sooner than later. Starting to get anxious haha.

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Y’all will both wake up some morning and it will have gone through like 4 checkpoints and be super close. Mine departed at 11pm, did most of its traveling overnight, and was on the truck for delivery by 6am when I checked my tracking. (But I live in LA, so that’s why I think I got mine so quickly)

Lastronaut

Reaction score
Y’all will both wake up some morning and it will have gone through like 4 checkpoints and be super close. Mine departed at 11pm, did most of its traveling overnight, and was on the truck for delivery by 6am when I checked my tracking. (But I live in LA, so that’s why I think I got mine so quickly)

Did you happen to hear anything back about your headstock paint issue?

Also how are you liking it so far?

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Did you happen to hear anything back about your headstock paint issue?

Also how are you liking it so far?
I haven’t heard back yet I think they’re slammed but I’m not stressing. So far I’m absolutely in love! I think this is the perfect instrument for what I was looking for in this price range. And it just sounds so goddamn good! I’ve tried it through every Neural Plugin and it’s incredibly dynamic! I’m glad I don’t have any issues with the neck or frets or any other hardware! I’d say the guitar is slightly heavier than I was anticipating because of the basswood. The laradas I played the most at NAMM I remember being shockingly light and maybe even a bit thinner? I was mostly playing with that carbon quilt one. It also just feels great to support Tosin and everything he’s doing to advance the design of modern guitars!

praXis001

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the Overcast 7 string. I just got myself too excited. I think I may have gotten the last one as its now showing sold out just after I finalized the purchase! So excited! I'll report back here when it arrives and let you all know what I think.