Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Benadon

Reaction score
alright, my take on my larada 8.
the bad:
i could spot a small toolmark on the headstock, nothing major.
the nut is just not 100% pretty, and has a weird white spot near of that which i dont seem to be able to take off.
the action is a bit high to my likings but there is some room to lower it.
the guitar is a bit neck heavy.
the 5 way switch is not flewless.
the neck is a bit to thin for my likings.
and i am not a big fun of the shape it just doesnt sit on me very well, i think it might be becuese i am relatively small person

the good: the guitar sounds really really good, espacially position 2.
the guitar is fairly small which i dig very much
and a couple more features that everyone knows about multiscale etc.

overall i had my expectations pretty high, and it just didnt reach them. could be me could be not.
i feel like i could get away with a much cheaper instrument say ibanez prestige.

and i must say that my experience with different guitars is not that high.
did play some bodens in a shop and certein schecters but not much other the that.
(ibanez rg8, harley benton dullahan, harley benton fusion 2, nk headless and some personal crafted guitar which wasnt great either)
i try to give her some time, since it is not a bad guitar at all. but i just not c100% set on it as of yet.
edit: weird hissing noise on b string.
godamn it.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lastronaut

Reaction score
So I figured I'd go ahead and share my experience with my blue sage 7. I contacted Ivan and will be returning the guitar. Nothing to crazy was "wrong" with it. Just to many little things for the price point.

Initial impressions are good. It's a striking instrument to look at. Sounds great. Plays great. Neck feels super comfortable. Alittle neck heavy. But in the classical position it is money.

The bad is mostly what everyone else has already been pointing out. The paint around the headstock. Tool marks here and there. Mine had an odd spot on the back under the control cavity where it looked like it didnt get enough of the color sprayed on it and looked splotchy. It was hard to photograph but I tired. The fretboard also has these odd looking dots. Ivan told me that this is normal for ebony. I wasnt aware of this. And I'm not sure if that's accurate but it was off putting. The nutt looks awful IMO. And I also noticed 2 small...what look to be cracks in the neck where the neck meets the body. I couldnt really feel them. I dont know if the neck has any sort of finish on it. Cant say if they are finish cracks or not. Either way they are there.

With all that said Ivan seems like a good dude. And he took care of me. This post is purely to let other people who would consider buying one second hand or buy one in the future what they may or may not be getting into. I hope that by sending emails and letting Ivan and the Abasi crew know these issues they can look for ways to correct them on future builds. I attached some photos

(Edit)Also I failed to mention my 5 way was a bit wonky and one time while running through a helix on a clean channel I pulled the knob to engaged voice two and it squealed pretty loudly the whole time until I pushed the knob back in. It only happened once. So idk what the deal was.

20201027_121612.jpg 20201027_134353.jpg 20201027_134433.jpg 20201027_134439.jpg 20201027_134509.jpg 20201027_134522.jpg 20201027_134545.jpg 20201027_222433.jpg

Last edited:

MiPwnYew

Reaction score
Why do the nuts look terrible on almost every single one that has been posted? Definitely isn't what I'd like to see on a guitar at these price points.

drezdin

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with the fit and finish on my 8. I did notice some noise in the 2 and 4 switch positions. I thought the Fishmans were noiseless. I'm I wrong?

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with the fit and finish on my 8. I did notice some noise in the 2 and 4 switch positions. I thought the Fishmans were noiseless. I'm I wrong?
Those are coil split settings. So when you split coils the humbucker isn’t “bucking the hum”. That’s normal to hear a bit more noise.

Vroth88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got my charcoal legion 8 a phew days ago, sent to iceland and no issues here (for my taste), let me know if you want to know any details

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi friends, I’ve taken another week, contacted Ivan, and decided to return my Legion. I showed it to some more experienced players who all agree that besides the paint blemishes, the nut construction is just egregious, it’s full of filler, has several gaps, and is cut poorly. Definitely something I overlooked and didn’t even take pictures of the first time around. I feel like any honest resale of this instrument is shot. I wouldn’t want to sell this to someone, therefore I shouldn’t own it for myself.

You all saw how in love with it I was, how great I thought it sounded and felt, I REALLY REALLY tried to make this work. Even going as far as looking into refinishing it and replacing the nut. Eventually I realized I couldn’t look at it without being sad and it feeling cheap.

I’m quite disappointed as I was just about to leave on a month-long recording trip with a friend and was just so excited to bring this instrument with me. I’ve asked for a full refund as I don’t want to wait until next year for a replacement Legion. I’m considering a master series or an Aristides H/O at this point as I want to make sure I get the perfect instrument for me.

With sadness and updated nut pics - Hella Sick Tight

Attachments

• FDF567B6-39F2-4717-BA2D-7ABC8A8457DD.jpeg
    FDF567B6-39F2-4717-BA2D-7ABC8A8457DD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • 4FD92E5F-E71E-4259-A520-4B9FD520ECC0.jpeg
    4FD92E5F-E71E-4259-A520-4B9FD520ECC0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
  • 1A5B84A5-5119-495F-92F7-1C9A5670B007.jpeg
    1A5B84A5-5119-495F-92F7-1C9A5670B007.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
  • D54BE0A2-14E2-4333-AC86-F43878759DB0.jpeg
    D54BE0A2-14E2-4333-AC86-F43878759DB0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
  • 780577F2-90C3-4954-BB31-80100B70CE43.jpeg
    780577F2-90C3-4954-BB31-80100B70CE43.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
Hi friends, I’ve taken another week, contacted Ivan, and decided to return my Legion. I showed it to some more experienced players who all agree that besides the paint blemishes, the nut construction is just egregious, it’s full of filler, has several gaps, and is cut poorly. Definitely something I overlooked and didn’t even take pictures of the first time around. I feel like any honest resale of this instrument is shot. I wouldn’t want to sell this to someone, therefore I shouldn’t own it for myself.

You all saw how in love with it I was, how great I thought it sounded and felt, I REALLY REALLY tried to make this work. Even going as far as looking into refinishing it and replacing the nut. Eventually I realized I couldn’t look at it without being sad and it feeling cheap.

I’m quite disappointed as I was just about to leave on a month-long recording trip with a friend and was just so excited to bring this instrument with me. I’ve asked for a full refund as I don’t want to wait until next year for a replacement Legion. I’m considering a master series or an Aristides H/O at this point as I want to make sure I get the perfect instrument for me.

Jesus Christ that's unacceptable. I REALLY want to buy one of these but I've really not heard a single good thing about any of the Legion guitars. The paint job on the headstock is a already a huge deal breaker for me but yeah there's an insane amount of filler under that nut. Abasi needs to get their shit in order. If WMI can put out the basically flawless guitars I've seen and played out of Schecter this should be a non-issue for them so it has to be on Abasi and what they're deeming acceptable.

Vroth88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Wow thats bad, sucks to hear man. I would have done the same thing, best wishes

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow thats bad, sucks to hear man. I would have done the same thing, best wishes
Yeaaaaa I’m quite embarrassed I didn’t notice it for the first couple days, but then other people started posting pictures of their nuts and I was like wait mine looks way worse than that. The nut on my production Strandberg, my $500 danelectro and both Music Mans are flawless compared.

I am so thankful for everyone here, this is a great example of how sharing these photos and issues really helps everyone out as a whole.

Demiurge

Reaction score
That nut- WTF. All hands on deck trying to make a unique design but nobody shows up on "make a flat surface for the nut" day.