Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

bassisace

Reaction score
Hi friends, I’ve taken another week, contacted Ivan, and decided to return my Legion. I showed it to some more experienced players who all agree that besides the paint blemishes, the nut construction is just egregious, it’s full of filler, has several gaps, and is cut poorly. Definitely something I overlooked and didn’t even take pictures of the first time around. I feel like any honest resale of this instrument is shot. I wouldn’t want to sell this to someone, therefore I shouldn’t own it for myself.

You all saw how in love with it I was, how great I thought it sounded and felt, I REALLY REALLY tried to make this work. Even going as far as looking into refinishing it and replacing the nut. Eventually I realized I couldn’t look at it without being sad and it feeling cheap.

I’m quite disappointed as I was just about to leave on a month-long recording trip with a friend and was just so excited to bring this instrument with me. I’ve asked for a full refund as I don’t want to wait until next year for a replacement Legion. I’m considering a master series or an Aristides H/O at this point as I want to make sure I get the perfect instrument for me.

With sadness and updated nut pics - Hella Sick Tight

That sucks man. I hope you get a speedy refund. Unfortunately it seems all production lines at Abasi have horrible QC. When they put out good builds, they are great, but the odds of getting a crap build are way too high. Both masters series and japanese production lines also have a lot of crap builds reported. I hope they can rectify their QC for future runs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

2wheel_Ted

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow. That’s nuts (pun intended). What’s really crazy to me is the QC inconsistency between your guitar and what I received (Legion Charcoal Burl). I’m not going to make assumptions, but going by the photos of the nut on your guitar and looking at the one on mine, they look like they came from two different factories.

Sympathies to you. That’s disappointing.

Chevygizmo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is what happens when you take time from QCing guitars to QCing coffee flavors

Xm0

XmO
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Want to start this off by saying I am a huge fan of Abasi and AAL, etc. but:

I bought a Larada Legion 7 in Overcast and I am currently in the process of trying to get a refund. At first sight, loved it. Case is sick. Felt awesome, played awesome. (For the 2 hours i've played it.)
It's been sitting in its case since I received it because i've been working a lot of hours. The other night, I pulled it out to fiddle with it a bit. Upon putting my guitar strap on it, I noticed the insane crack in the neck (see attached photos.) I know this is straight from the factory, and I am sure it was here all along. It's on the underside of the neck, so I probably just missed it when I first received it / was excited.

Another Note: The nut on my guitar is also very ugly, as many others have noted. Looks really bad, not even sure how it passed inspection.
Paint job is "mostly" clean, but some blems here or there. This bothers me the least.

This is just so unacceptable to me for this price range. I've owned Mayones, Skervesen, Suhr, Ibanez Prestige, Ormsby, Jackson USA, Vandermeij, Schecter USA, strandberg, etc. and not a single one of these had the flaws that this instrument has.

I'm really hoping I get a full refund, that's what i'm asking for. I've honestly owned $900 guitars that didn't have blatant extreme flaws like this. I would love to see some real quality stuff come out of Abasi Concepts, but thus far, not impressed.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 148

mastapimp

Reaction score
My expectations for any import coming outta WMI has never been high, even with the boosted prices in this model and things like the KMIII, but these paint errors and shitty fit/finish issues are ridiculous. These are all B-stock flaws and should never be passed off as new, full price instruments. Seems like half the guitars posted on this forum from the last run are going back. Whoever's doing acceptance QC has gotta go...this isn't working out.

Xm0

XmO
Reaction score
Has anybody that asked for a return got a response yet? I emailed 2-3 days ago and haven't heard back about a refund.
I don't see how they couldn't issue a refund for flaws like this...I'm a little nervous that $2100 of mine is in the wind, but i'm crossing my fingers.

Jack McGoldrick

Reaction score
I’ll take one of someone’s hands if they want, was waiting for a six but I’ll learn a seven

Xm0

XmO
Reaction score
I’ll take one of someone’s hands if they want, was waiting for a six but I’ll learn a seven
I have an overcast 7 if you want to work out a deal. Obviously i'd take money off for factory blemishes.

Jack McGoldrick

Reaction score
Hahaha because of covid ive no money, one special guitar coming in then I’m taking a break, it’ll be fun imma post a ngd for it

bassisace

Reaction score
I hope all of you with faulty builds are leaving product reviews my their website so future customers are aware of the issues.

@Nick Pipla Yeah, really unacceptable for a 700+$ instrument. It’s not as if this is their 1st year in business. They don’t seem to have learned much from their past mistakes.

Xm0

XmO
Reaction score
I hope all of you with faulty builds are leaving product reviews my their website so future customers are aware of the issues.

@Nick Pipla Yeah, really unacceptable for a 700+$ instrument. It’s not as if this is their 1st year in business. They don’t seem to have learned much from their past mistakes.

Yeah, I was going to say. My first "real" guitar was an Ibanez Iron Label and it did not have these issues. Think I gave like 800 for it.

2wheel_Ted

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My expectations for any import coming outta WMI has never been high, even with the boosted prices in this model and things like the KMIII, but these paint errors and shitty fit/finish issues are ridiculous. These are all B-stock flaws and should never be passed off as new, full price instruments. Seems like half the guitars posted on this forum from the last run are going back. Whoever's doing acceptance QC has gotta go...this isn't working out.
These flaws are definitely B-stock level. I know that Solar sells models with cosmetic blemishes but at discounted prices. Maybe Abasi Concepts will do the same with these returned units.

So far, it seems like most of the problem units are painted models. I’ve yet to see any posts with flawed nuts or headstock paint on burl or aquaburst models. Then again, it’s still relatively early. Still, a crack in the neck is what it is: bad.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

Hahaha because of covid ive no money, one special guitar coming in then I’m taking a break, it’ll be fun imma post a ngd for it

:scratch:

Also that is a disappointing set of pictures about the guitar's nut. I don't recall mine being that sloppy, and I would have photographed it if I had noticed something for sure.

I highly doubt they're walking with your money, they received mine back on the 30th and I haven't heard back yet. If I don't get the refund notice by friday I'll hit Ivan up about it.