Agile 7 string Tele's, They're back!!!

• Thread starter TonyFlyingSquirrel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Yep, they've been on the site for a while now bro lol. Mine will be here tomorrow, so anybody who is interested in knowing what these are like now, keep an eye out. ;)

Kristianx510

Reaction score
Why did you have to show me this?! I'm saving up for an EC-1000, and now I am so tempted to buy this!

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Couldn't you have posted this like a week ago...like before I got a new guitar and am now broke? :scream:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The idea of taking this and "metaling" it out is growing on me...

celticelk

Reaction score
The idea of taking this and "metaling" it out is growing on me...

It'd take a lot of work: according to Kurt, the body's not routed for humbuckers, and you'd definitely have to replace the bridge as well if you were adding one in the bridge position.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It'd take a lot of work: according to Kurt, the body's not routed for humbuckers, and you'd definitely have to replace the bridge as well if you were adding one in the bridge position.

You say that like it's a problem. :lol:

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
I had the same thought but I'm in the middle of an RG7620 project guitar so this isn't an option atm.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Because I'm a picky asshole, I'd rather have a 27".

maximummetal288

Reaction score
The single coil in the bridge sounds pretty sweet. Obviously it won't give you a super heavy defined tone, it's a single coil, but it has a unique snarl to it that I really like. My brother owns a Texan 7, he recently did a joke cover of "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar" and used the Texan for it. Just a warning, the mix isn't meant to be great since because the production is part of the joke, but you can hear the tone from the Texan and it's pretty solid.

"I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar." - Tough Guy Hardcore Style - YouTube

celticelk

Reaction score
Somebody posted in the pickups subforum today that Rio Grande makes 7-string single-coils. A pair of Muy Grandes in a Texan-7 might be just what the doctor ordered.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Funny you should mention, but I'm having the body routed for a humbucker, as well as having the bridgeplate routed for a humbucker. Going to leave the single coil neck though. I have big plans for this tele if when it comes in, it's everything I hope it is.

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
Would like a comparison between Agile and Matt Raines tele style 7 strings. Anyone tried one, the other, or both?

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I got real close to pulling the trigger on one. What held me back is that I'm not sure I want a "tele" with a seventh string as much as I want a metal guitar with the tele body shape.

AVWIII

Pope of Chilitown
Reaction score
Texans are awesome. I love mine to death.
Rio Grande does make seven string singles, but no one really makes a true tele bridge in seven string. The good news is that you can always get them rewound.

grunge782

Reaction score
Geez that's a good price for a 7 swamp ash tele. Something just sounds really cool that comes from a good tele with metal (thank you Wintersun).

I've got a rondo strat with swamp ash and the guitar sounds excellent, they actually put a pretty decent piece of wood on that guitar.