Agile Headless Evaluation Model!

• Thread starter r3tr0sp3ct1v3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

celticelk

Reaction score
^^^ I would look very seriously at a 7-string version of this priced at, say, $499 or $549, especially if I can get inlays on my fretboard. As superstrats go, that's a pretty mild one from my perspective.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Emailed about ERG options and received a response with a price?

Nothing about ERG options?

Maybe too soon to tell. I definitely don't need any more six strings. I'm impressed with the potential pricing, though. I'll be keeping an eye on this. Maybe there'll be a seven string baritone version of this someday...

EDIT: You edited, so I edit…

Maybe you asked too many questions to get an answer for each. :lol:

Sorry, I have this bad tendency of impulse-replying and then editing for clarity.

He did leave me a bit unsatisfied BUT I'm sure he's responding to at least five other emails from people in this thread. Maybe they will get better answers :)

I have a hunch there will be ERG though, as Rondo has never been afraid of large amounts of strings.

bzhan1

Banned
Reaction score
Really? After all these years and this is the best shape they could come up with? It's so fat and crab looking...

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of how the body came out but it's not awful. To my eyes, the pickups and rings and bridge being all black, then the big cavity cover and trem cavity cover on such a small body detracts a lot from the body itself :2c: If they offer this as a custom shop option, that could offer some interesting combinations.

The original thread, Kurt mentioned the original concept was going to be based on the AL. Would be interested in seeing if that comes to fruition eventually.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Everytime I see it this is what comes to mind. Can't shake it...
4627-desktop.jpg

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
why the two strap pins on the bottom?????

My guess is that the cutout on the back makes it inconvenient to put on a regular stand (and you cant hang it since it has no head), so it sits on the two strap pins as to not scratch the butt.

It also looks kinda like nipples.

splinter8451

Reaction score
Damn. Solid color versions would be sick.

But at 399 I will probably get one regardless of options as my new "metal" guitar. Too many old man guitars joined my collection recently :lol:

EDIT: I will probably email Kurt but I might as well say it here too...

I think it should be a little thinner. Standard Hawker/Carved top guitar thickness looks a little weird on a headless.

pullingstraws

Reaction score
This piques my interest. I always thought the Hawker would look cool as a headless. (It is a little thick-looking, though...) I would totally pick up a seven string version!

RaulThrashMetal

Crazy metal garage scientist
Reaction score
I have a dream that one day headless multiscales will go mainstream and I'll be able to afford one. Until that day, I'll keep on sleeping.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
My guess is that the cutout on the back makes it inconvenient to put on a regular stand (and you cant hang it since it has no head), so it sits on the two strap pins as to not scratch the butt.

It also looks kinda like nipples.

I actually think this one looks way less titty than others. The Vader, and a bunch of the Steinbergers look like straight up boobs and I laugh every time I see them.

You're right though. The buttons are a method of standing the guitar without scuffing the bottom. They also hold a strap differently from one to the other. Using the bass side button to hold the strap kind of puts the strings/picking position a little further south and, to me, out of the way. The bottom strap button holds the guitar higher up and makes playing, again to me, easier. Variety! It's great stuff.

exo

Reaction score
7 string/27"scale/maple board/blue quilt/satin finish/$500 ballpark.

I'd be very interested in that. I've almost pulled the trigger on the existing Hawker727 a couple different times....

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
It also reminded me how much I miss the pre-'cease and desist' Hawker body :(

Is that the one they have pictured in the "evolution" montage at the bottom? Then I miss it too, and I didn't even know it had existed.

...somewhat off-topic, but has anyone the old Agile AL headstock? Looking at that and the current one I can't fathom why they don't just use the Hawker head on the AL.

vansinn

Reaction score
Not what I'd call a lovely shape, but it looks damn practical ;)
Trem looks to have the pivoting based on bearings; I wonder how smooth this will work and how well it'll return to zero..
Hats off to Kurt, you cannot say he doesn't dare..

Now, an 8-stringer based on this concept, with a 3/4" fan from 26.5" to 27.25" towards to headstock could work just fine, think you not..?