Agile Interceptor Pro 727

• Thread starter maxoom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
I`m trying to decide to go with EMG or Blackouts when I order a Agile Interceptor pro 727? I have a Hellraiser with EMG 707TW`s already.My first 7 and I`m really wishing I had made the transition to 7`s a long time ago.I was intimidated by the extra string and thought it would be too much guitar for me.The reality is it has opened up so much more and after the initial getting used to, I think I`m totally hooked now.

I searched a few threads and it seems kinda split 50/50 between the two pickups preference wise? Yet, it seems most are buying the guitar with the EMG`s.

Should I go with actives or buy the agile model with passives and install some aftermarket pups?
What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love EMGs personally but I know many here do not share my feelings.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I love EMGs personally but I know many here do not share my feelings.
I do :p

I think the clean tone of EMG-707s is AMAZING, and is reason enough to get them over Blackouts, plus to me, the 707 sounds punchier and clearer on the low B with distortion, where Blackouts don't quite capture that for me. I'd get one with EMGs, personally (and actually have one with EMGs myself :p), but that's just me.

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
I'm no help here. I like both EMGs and Blackouts. I run an EMG in the neck and a Blackout in the bridge.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I`m trying to decide to go with EMG or Blackouts when I order a Agile Interceptor pro 727? I have a Hellraiser with EMG 707TW`s already.My first 7 and I`m really wishing I had made the transition to 7`s a long time ago.I was intimidated by the extra string and thought it would be too much guitar for me.The reality is it has opened up so much more and after the initial getting used to, I think I`m totally hooked now.

I searched a few threads and it seems kinda split 50/50 between the two pickups preference wise? Yet, it seems most are buying the guitar with the EMG`s.

Should I go with actives or buy the agile model with passives and install some aftermarket pups?
What would you do?

Order it with EMGs. They're cheaper and the EMGs are actually more expensive than the blackouts, so the price increase is kinda lame. Buy the one with EMGs and if you don't like them, sell the pickups and buy some Blackouts.

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
Thanks all ,I will probably go with the EMG option I have and like them already.
The 707 TW on my Hellraiser sound really good split and I have found the different selector positions to be very useful.

Playing it safe.

Now I just have to decide on Black stain or the Green color?

Efekkt

NOTHING
Reaction score
Thanks all ,I will probably go with the EMG option I have and like them already.
The 707 TW on my Hellraiser sound really good split and I have found the different selector positions to be very useful.

Playing it safe.

Now I just have to decide on Black stain or the Green color?

I've got the tribal green and I think it looks better then my friends black string-thru.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Order it with EMGs. They're cheaper and the EMGs are actually more expensive than the blackouts, so the price increase is kinda lame. Buy the one with EMGs and if you don't like them, sell the pickups and buy some Blackouts.

Do this; I personally prefer Blackouts but the difference is so minimal that it's not worth the huge upcharge:noway: