Agile multiscales next week! or later...

• Thread starter Ironberry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had previously made one with angled pickups too, but alas, mine were simply 100% uninformed concepts, it was never all that likely that the real thing would turn out anything like any of them. :(

Intrepid_8MS_PassiveSlant.jpg

That as a non-pro with ghost burst or lizard burst would be a hazard to my bank account :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Niels

Reaction score
I just got an awesome email from Kurt in which he explains his future plans for fanned fret guitars. He states slanted nuts/pickups and kahler-trems are not out of the question.

Man, I really can't wait. Kurt is an awesome guy for making this happen:hbang:

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I really can't wait. Kurt is an awesome guy for making this happen:hbang:

Quoted for truth :yesway:

I SOOOO want one of these... damn having to pay taxes :ugh: Well, a couple months, maybe... who knows, maybe even about the time he gets slanted nuts and pickups? Hell, I've LOVE to have one of these prototypes... we'll see I suppose.

Thanks again to Kurt for doing this!

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
After they introduce an 8 string with 2 angled pickups and fanned frets (27-30 or 25.5 to 27), i will buy one!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
^He has a 30" intrepid.

i HAD a 30" intrepid.

i think i'm ready to commit to more expencive and higher quality stuff for my serious endeavours from now on. Agile is an ok starting ground for some things, but i'm not comfortable staying in that zone forever. i want to climb higher in the quality ranks.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
On a side note, I just got an e-mail in which Kurt confirmed the 7 string pendelum run thats coming up (with slanted EMG pickups) will have Kahler trems!

I assume that means these 8 strings, when they do come out in Pendelum, will have Kahler trems as well on the higher end version.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Hopefully the first 8s roll out with fixed bridges though. I'd rather be spending $700 for an instrument that does what I need rather than $1100 and have a super expensive trem that I wont use.

Remokari

Reaction score
Hopefully the first 8s roll out with fixed bridges though. I'd rather be spending $700 for an instrument that does what I need rather than $1100 and have a super expensive trem that I wont use.

I agree completely. Also, that fanned fret Intrepid mockup with a flat black or pure white finish, ebony board, fixed bridge and angled pickups.. I'd be sold in a second. I was planning on getting a 30" Intrepid a while ago, but I'm saving what I planned to spend now for a fanned 8. As soon as one comes out with an ebony board, I'm fucking sold...

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
I just sent Kurt an e-mail regarding the fanned fret 8s, and if he was making them in lefty. Once I get the email, I will deliver the news to the fellow southpaws :lol:

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Alright, Kurt replied back saying they will make some fanned fret intrepid 8 lefties, but he said probably not this year.