Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) has died?! :(

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
I always wondered why Alexi married that hambeast. Makes sense that it was just politics, not love.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Or those are just assumptions and she has to sign some papers before Alexi gets his rest. Who knows...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
I always wondered why Alexi married that hambeast. Makes sense that it was just politics, not love.
can someone honestly tell me why anyone would do this though?

I mean for the love of god what a stupid decision. Im in a loving and stable relationship (going on 6 years) with 3 kids and Im never getting married. Yet people be out here marrying in situations like this?
I thought this was illegal too? Sham marriages for citizenship

aesthyrian

Reaction score
can someone honestly tell me why anyone would do this though?

I mean for the love of god what a stupid decision. Im in a loving and stable relationship (going on 6 years) with 3 kids and Im never getting married. Yet people be out here marrying in situations like this?
I thought this was illegal too? Sham marriages for citizenship

He obviously did it for his career, which at the time, Sinergy was a large part of. Goss was the vocalist, if he had not married her then she would not be able to perform live due to visa issues, and thus, the band is over with. Alexi dropped out if high school at 16, he knew what he wanted so he was going to do what was needed in order to obtain that. It might not make sense to you or many, but that's most likely the reality in the situation.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Like others I was left questioning a lot of things from Kim's instagram posts, wether that post is true it leaves us with more questions than answers.

He says she says aside reading all those IG posts about Alexi has made a lot of fans happy.

SloeGin

Reaction score
Anyone know whether Alexi was buried somewhere? Does he have a (public) grave?

akinari

Reaction score
Kim Goss dated Seth Putnam and has/had a tattoo of his name. Haha.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Or those are just assumptions and she has to sign some papers before Alexi gets his rest. Who knows...

Hope so. That's some pretty incredible bullshit otherwise... And I hope Alexi had a will that doesn't include her in any way if it's true.
Anyone know whether Alexi was buried somewhere? Does he have a (public) grave?

I don't even know if the funeral has been held yet. I guess it'll be in the news here at some point.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Maybe she just flew to Finland to get Marko Hietala to rejoin Nightwish. ;)

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Yikes, that's some serious drama with the whole Kimberly Goss situation. I never listened to Sinergy and had no idea that they were married back in the day. It does make a certain amount of sense though that it was a business move related to visa status, etc.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
This was all discussed a while back in the thread, but I remember that the whole Jackson -> ESP move occurred when I was first getting into the band. At the time, Jackson had only recently been acquired by FMIC and had been in decline throughout the 90s. In that era they never were really a very trendy "metal" or "shred" guitar company. They had kind of a legacy where a lot of fans of the brand were older and 80s-centric. Like, they started out being an innovative company in the very early days, and then their innovations became "heritage" in the kind of way that many big Fender and Gibson fans refuse to buy anything that's forward-looking. Combined with mismanagement they weren't doing too hot in the early 00s (very low profit margins on their pro series gear was killing them). COB were one of a very small number of bigger bands out there using them in the metal scene.

When his RRs were stolen, or lost, or whatever, there was simply no way to rush production of anything to replace them. I highly doubt they told him he had to wait like a "normal customer" Rather, it was just impossible to build anything in the custom shop in the time frame needed. Jackson's Custom Shop has never been able to rush anything because there have been a max of like 5 master builders there at any given time. There were no production model 24 fret RRs at the time either.

I always kind of assumed that the MIJ RR24 was intended to be a signature model, but they didn't get to market until after he was forced to switch companies. I could be wrong though.

I was never a big fan of his ESPs because of the inlays, but it all worked out for the guy in the end.

mitou

Reaction score
Yeah can't wait for this Kim Goss marriage thing to turn into a complete disaster. Sigh.

Going down nostalgia lane I remembered Alexander Kuoppala's Hate Crew Deathroll M-I. One of the sickest ESPs ever imo. Shame I couldn't find better pics.

rfGYJEX.jpg

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Listened to Hexed for the first time today. I like it better than their other recent stuff.

That video a while back of him playing at Sam Ash... he looked rough. In recent pictures though, he was looking healthier. Such a shame. Hopefully this situation with Goss resolves so his family doesn't end up bogged down by it all.

Exit Existence

Reaction score
Here's the long post that's in the BAM facebook group from a friend of Alexi's accusing Kim of all this.
I really hate that I’m having to write this post (Sorry admin).
My dear friend has passed away and I’m seeing the most horrible stuff play out right in front of my eyes. I have watched deaths and money bring out the worst sides of people before but I’ve never seen anything this twisted.
Alexi was incredibly private so he would hate this also.
However he had my back always! And as his bro I feel I have to have his and more importantly his families backs right now. They were the most important thing to him and he would’ve never let any of this shit go down on his watch.
You can all say what you want about me but I’d like to think if you’re friend wasn’t here to defend themselves and their loved ones you would do the same.
I went through my ph recently whilst speaking to Alexis sister and I realised over the last 6 months barely a day went by where him and I didn’t speak throughout the day. I won’t claim to know his deepest thoughts etc. however I do know how he felt about a lot of things.
My reason for writing this is Kimberly Goss. I’ve never seen anything so sick as what this woman is doing and it’s time she got called out.
Alexi told me himself how scared he was that she would come for his money. That she was on food stamps, had lost her paycheque and was not doing too good. That he had to be super nice to her at the moment as he needed her to sign the divorce papers but usually she just disappears. This time he said “she’ll want $, she’s desperate”. Hence his contact with her.
He told me she’s a c**t & he was right.
The ENTIRE Laiho family despise this woman. That’s the truth & they have many good reasons.
Kimberly has messaged every member of his family the most horrible shit! Making threats, causing problems for them.
These are some of the most amazing people!! And they’re unable to just mourn their son, brother and husband in peace because of her.
She has created this absolute circus and caused so much extra grief for the loved ones of someone she claims to care for.
She continues to say she doesn’t want nastiness in public however she is the only one who has made everything public. Besides Kelli who was forced to respond to things in public due to threats being made by Kim!
The accusations and messages to his family would blow your mind!!
Yes, I’ve seen them all!
It’s sick!!!
I’m sure a lot of people are starting to see through it.
But c’mon! If Kimberly was so close to Alexi, answer these questions....
Why are there no photos of her and him since they were young kids?
He lived in the states for awhile even! Surely they’d have caught up!
Why did he write in his book that the wedding was only so Kim could stay and sing?
(He told me this in his own words. They signed the paper then went to rehearsal. It was a non- event).
Why is she so hated by every single member of his family?
Why did she never ever share all this stuff while he was here?
Alexi has been very unwell throughout last year.
Clearly she could fly to Finland incredibly easily. Why was she not there for him while he was alive?
Kimberly is nothing but a gold digger.
The fact she hasn’t shared publicly what his illness was or how he passed leads me to believe she doesn’t know. Because from what I’ve seen, she is the type who would share that purely to get herself some attention!
Only those closest to Alexi know these things. As like I say, he was incredibly private.
The DAY AFTER his passing was announced this woman makes an Instagram page sharing old photos and claiming “love”!
Honestly... FUCK OFF!!!!!
Yuck!
If she’d done this while Alexi was around, he’d have come for her in a big way!
Then, she flies to Finland and starts causing all these problems. Talking to press, messaging family, hiring lawyers.
All whilst writing “beautiful” things about him.
It’s truly some of the most manipulative, sick, twisted, evil shit I’ve ever seen!
Alexi loved his fans.
He was always there for you all.
When there was a shooting at a venue the night before a Bodom gig did he cancel?
No!
When he was clearly unwell in 2019 did he cancel shows?
Fuck no!!!
I had to watch my bro in tears on FaceTime recently because he missed his daughter.
But Corona obviously stopped him being with her. He was so sad!!! He still recorded an EP(which absolutely rules btw!)
He was sad again the day he shot the video but he did it!
He was always there for you all.
Now is the time to have his back.
By all means enjoy the cool photos of Alexi and Sinergy. I am a fan myself and like seeing the photos!
But realise what this evil b**ch is doing.
I too am private and I’ve never publicly written anything like this. I’m really disappointed I have had to.
But I speak only facts.
Kimberly... I know you’ll see this.
I know what Alexi wanted to happen if he passed.
More importantly, you do too!!!
Why are you there?
What are you hoping to achieve besides boosting your name and attempting to take what isn’t rightfully yours?
And doing all you can to make the families lives difficult at an already impossible time?
Leave my mates family alone!!!
Make me eat my words.
Prove me wrong.
Publicly state that you aren’t in Finland right now for no reason other than to get your hands on everything Alexi worked so hard for over the last 20 years!!!
You do this and I’ll fly to see you and offer my most heartfelt apology in person.
This is all i have to say on this matter. I will now go back to mourning my friend and consoling his family.
You can go back to having drinks, sharing photos, talking shit, sending threats and enjoying your 2mins in the spotlight.
You’re disgusting.

FYI Alexi's Sister and current "wife" both commented on the post confirming what OP said is "true".

...Got my popcorn ready....

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Alexander Kuoppala's Hate Crew Deathroll M-I.

I'd totally forgotten about that one. I'm not into strat-style guitars at all but I certainly wouldn't mind having that one. I can't really think of another guitar where the album artwork would look that cool.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Here's the long post that's in the BAM facebook group from a friend of Alexi's accusing Kim of all this.

FYI Alexi's Sister and current "wife" both commented on the post confirming what OP said is "true".

...Got my popcorn ready....
Awesome. So glad some pathetic worm could find a rock to crawl out of and try to rob what little Alexi had left, because quite frankly, he lost a ton when the band name Children of Bodom (and possibly more) was taken from him by ex band members. I'm sorry, but a brand, in legal and professional terms, is difficult to replace, especially for a band, and even more so when the new "band/brand" sounds like a tribute act.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
"beautiful man, I saw the message you left her. Please don’t engage her. She’s a very manipulative person and she really isn’t hanging out with his closest friends and loved ones at all (his closest “friends” wouldn’t let her steal one of his cars and hide it at their home from his sister/mum/wife) - those people are grieving and will not engage with her. Just enjoy the amazing photos that she is posting because Sinergy was a cool time for everyone who followed his legacy"

Wow. That's horrible if true.