American Musical Supply

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
On that note is there any chance of you guys going international or at least selling to Australia. It's not that I can't buy stuff from you but it would be more convenient for me if I could buy directly from you.

AMS-Ryans

At your service!
Reaction score
Greetings to our Friends from the North! American Musical Supply is now making it easer than ever to order from us. Our items that we are allowed to ship to Canada are now labeled with the Famous Maple Leaf. When you see our Red Maple leaf Logo you can be assured that we are able to send that item to you.

Canada.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I have recently ordered three items from AMS, the prices are nice and low and the free shipping is really what swayed me!

Keep being awesome guys! :D

AMS-Ryans

At your service!
Reaction score
Oh we will do our best to keep Rocking. Thank you for your Comments Zepp. I noticed a Guitar that you may be interested on The American Musical Supply Forum today. It's a Zep Tribute. Not much has been said about this, but I hope to learn more.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings to our Friends from the North! American Musical Supply is now making it easer than ever to order from us. Our items that we are allowed to ship to Canada are now labeled with the Famous Maple Leaf. When you see our Red Maple leaf Logo you can be assured that we are able to send that item to you.

Canada.gif

:woot:

Although I think my gear purchases may be slowed down for awhile :lol:

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh we will do our best to keep Rocking. Thank you for your Comments Zepp. I noticed a Guitar that you may be interested on The American Musical Supply Forum today. It's a Zep Tribute. Not much has been said about this, but I hope to learn more.

Seems pretty interesting, I don't listen to anywhere near as much Zeppelin as I used to, but it sounds like a cool custom endeavour.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
I know that sometimes with inventory you have to manage space between what you have, what sells, and what doesn't, but there are a few Ibanez guitars that I wouldn't mind seeing go up for sale on your site that currently aren't there.

In any case, sometime this month I'll be purchasing an RG2570 (in gold) from you guys -- earlier if my 7 string that's for sale sells -- and I wouldn't think of buying it anywhere else. The mere fact that you guys include the case with a lot of the guitars you sell is just plain awesome -- a website that claims to be friendly to musicians won't even do that!

Will also be getting a Roland Cube 60 from you guys this month as well :)

Can't wait till I can place that order. It will be soon...

FearCage

Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in and say that I'll be buying a Schecter or two from you in the near future. I'll let you know when time comes!

Shane

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
I forsee a Marshall 1960A in the future. I have a bunch of items in my cart, lemme write it down so I don't forget...

Josh Lawson

Banned
Reaction score
MF and GC are notorious for unloading returns and B-stock shit back onto the customer. How would a person know if they have been duped by you guys in this manner? Don't say you don't do this to your customers, because every online retailer does this shady practice from time to time. Your returns and B stock garbage have got to go somewhere. If you don't screw the unsuspecting customers with this crap, than what do you guys do with returns and b-stock items?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Your returns and B stock garbage have got to go somewhere. If you don't screw the unsuspecting customers with this crap, than what do you guys do with returns and b-stock items?

Dude they sell them as "open box" or "scratch and dent" items. Not a huge mystery here :)

Also man, relax :lol: It's kind of rude to call their returned stuff 'garbage'.

Josh Lawson

Banned
Reaction score
Dude they sell them as "open box" or "scratch and dent" items. Not a huge mystery here :)

Also man, relax :lol: It's kind of rude to call their returned stuff 'garbage'.

Returned stuff is usually flawed to the point for being useless, hence the return. Yeah I might be a little rude, but I want to read what the AMS guy has to say. The whole Scratch 'n Dent/open box thing doesn't even scratch the surface of the volume of returns they must see.

The Manufacturers don't want the warped neck guitars back, or crackly SS amps back.....so there you go. What happens to it? Guitar companies make B-stock straight from the factory and I want to know if and how this guy's company deals with this pressing issue. I know I might be perceived as being a dick, but I really want to hear what Mr. AMS guy has to say about these concerns.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
No, returned stuff are 9 times out of 10 returned because people feel like trying something else or they want their money back. Most of the times they're probably in perfect working condition or have minimal if any noticeable wear.

Honestly I've been buying things from AMS and other places for 10 years and I've never encountered any of these issues whatsoever. The rare times I got something arrived that was not perfect, they refunded the money and covered the shipping back.

If it concerns you so much, order from smaller dealers that have real-life photos and things vs. wholesale mail order places. Personally, even as the owner of my own shop I still consistently buy from AMS and have had nothing but positive experiences with them over the years.

I'm sure he'll respond eventually, but I'm just not sure what the big deal is. Obviously I don't condone what you claim these places do, but I've never received anything from AMS or Musicians Friend that wasn't factory fresh. Guitar Center? That's another story, but there's no reason to order things from them anyways.

Josh Lawson

Banned
Reaction score
No, returned stuff are 9 times out of 10 returned because people feel like trying something else or they want their money back. Most of the times they're probably in perfect working condition or have minimal if any noticeable wear.

Honestly I've been buying things from AMS and other places for 10 years and I've never encountered any of these issues whatsoever. The rare times I got something arrived that was not perfect, they refunded the money and covered the shipping back.

If it concerns you so much, order from smaller dealers that have real-life photos and things vs. wholesale mail order places. Personally, even as the owner of my own shop I still consistently buy from AMS and have had nothing but positive experiences with them over the years.

I'm sure he'll respond eventually, but I'm just not sure what the big deal is. Obviously I don't condone what you claim these places do, but I've never received anything from AMS or Musicians Friend that wasn't factory fresh. Guitar Center? That's another story, but there's no reason to order things from them anyways.

I've ordered from AMS and thought they did a fine job, don't get me wrong. Never did I order a tube amp or guitar though. I just want to read what he has to say about these issues, that's all. I've read from you...now I want to read what his company's stance is on this issue.

My buddy works at a small shop and they constantly are sending back substandard guitars and malfunctioning amps to the factory, so yeah, this is a big deal. Manufacturing corporations and online dealers are ALWAYS trying to fuck over individuals and independent shops, don't think for a minute they aren't. These guys at the local shop aren't dumb plus they know their shit, and the fucking companies they deal with are CONSTANTLY sending them defective crap.

If AMS gets say 5,000 sub par guitars specifically made to be B stock sent to them, I want to know.....but we most likely won't get an honest answer anyway. This is how MF and GC butters their bread, and I wanna believe there are some guys out there who wear white hats, but I don't anybody can and stay competitive. Cynical, maybe...realistic, sadly I would think so.....paranoid, probably a bit. Thanks for the input Zimbloth, it was helpful. Now we wait for the AMS guy.

missingastring

What's a guitar?
Reaction score
Please, please, please expand your amplifier inventory.

You don't carry the Laney VH series, but you should.

You don't carry ENGL, which you should.

You don't carry Mesa, which, I don't know if you can, but you should.

VHT would be nice, too.