American Musical Supply

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Another +1 for you guys carrying Engl amps. They are great amps.... just make sure if you guys DO become an Engl dealer that you STOCK THE ENGL INVADER 100 please!!! :wub: That was my issue with Music123 and Musician's Friend.... they carry every model (including the SE models!) EXCEPT the Invader 100 which is the one Engl model I'm actually interested in. I was told by 3 different representatives that they couldn't even special order them, yet other local Engl dealers have them in their regular stock. :shrug: Just a suggestion if they listen to you Ryan. :yesway:

AMS-Ryans

At your service!
Reaction score
HighGain510, I hope they do listen to me! I would love to get the gear that you guys want.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Just wanted to say, thanks for reaching out to us and fielding our requests/thoughts/ideas/what have you.

I think you'll find that an open discourse like this will do nothing but help AMS, as frank falbo's presence here has demonstrated for Seymour/Duncan :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Ryan, I've been using you guys for years and I love both the service and selection. On the few times that I have had an issue with an order you guys took good care of it and it was easy as can be.

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been using you guys since 92 when I was stationed in alaska and the local fender shop charged sugg retail plus 20 percent. A guy told me about you guys and MF and MF pretty much screwed me on my first guitar order. The one in the picture in their catalog wasn't the actual guitar I ordered because "We don't have a pic of that one" so I had to spend another $50 to send it back and wait almost two months.

I ordered my GNX4 from you guys about a week before the price went from $599 to $499 and you guys took $100 off the last payment. Which is just one of many good transactions I've had without any issues that can't be resolved..

Hopefully you can fix the problem with Zimbloth's account. I understand about not wanting to take too many returns but maybe they should keep longer customers histories and take that into account...

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
The payment system is great. I end up buying elsewhere sometimes, because I can't find what I want there. I always hate to do that too. AAMOF, I think I'll go look around now. Ha.

AMS-Ryans

At your service!
Reaction score
Look all you want! If you have any questions about product or policy just let me know.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
I have a question about policy: what does it take for a new manufacturer/maker to put in your catalog? We have quite a few builders here that we deal with directly and I always wondered how that process works.

AMS-Ryans

At your service!
Reaction score
Most of the time what happens is our purchasers see something they like at trade shows such as NAMM. However, if you have a website or more information on your product please PM me and I will gladly pass it along for you.

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for there comments on American Musical Supply. Just to answer a few Questions, I am still waiting from our purchasing department on the ESP Guitars, and the ENGL amps have been suggested. As for JJ's question about shipping to Canada. We do ship most items to Canada. However, there is a list of manufacturers that do not allow us to ship out of the country. I would check with our online Chat if you have a question if a certain product can ship there or not.

I'm also Canadian, and haven't heard of you. But with all the good things I'm hearing in the thread, I'm definitely interested.

What I have to ask you is, on an item you can ship out of country, what shipping service do you use? (USPS/UPS etc.)

Also, do you have a greater shipping charge for shipping out of country?

I know this varries due to weight and size of whats being shipped, so if you could let me know the answer to the above question in oversize (guitar/amp etc.) and normal (something like a tuner or tabbook)

Thanks, Kris

AMS-Ryans

At your service!
Reaction score
There is a custom shipping charge for each item that ships to Canada. As for the shipping Service we use FedEx International. Right now we are working on a page of the website to better help our Canadian Customers. I will let you know when that is done.

AMS-Ryans

At your service!
Reaction score
I just wanted to let you guys know that American Musical Supply now has a FREE online Guitar tuner.

You can See it HERE!

7stringfire

7 strings of fire
Reaction score
Got a question, How does the payment system work?
I would be really interested in making the three or four payments
to complete a purchase but is it based on credit?

If so this does not help me currently. If its more like a contract
where I agree to do this by this time and so on...I will be making a purchase.

kristallin

punk'd
Reaction score
Just a quick one before work... I by all my big stuff at AMS. Try out at GC, buy through AMS! :lol:
Ryan, when are you guys getting the Fender Classic Player Jazzmasters and Jaguars in? I'm seriously tempted to get one of each...

AMS-Ryans

At your service!
Reaction score
Got a question, How does the payment system work?
I would be really interested in making the three or four payments
to complete a purchase but is it based on credit?

...I will be making a purchase.

If your order is between $249.99 and $995.94, your credit card will be billed in 3 equal payments, every 31 days, starting on the day your order is shipped.

This means that less than $995.94 we do not require a credit check, and you can even set this up online. It is that easy. 2 Phone numbers, a Credit Card, and you are approved. If your order is over that we would need to put you on a 5 payment plan, that is subject to credit approval.

Click the Logo to read More!

Ryan, when are you guys getting the Fender Classic Player Jazzmasters and Jaguars in?

Our purchasing department works hard at getting the product that customer want. We have new product launching on the website daily. If there is a popular product that customers want to by, AMS does everything we can to sell that item.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Ryan! Any word back regarding you guys carrying Engl products (specifically the Invader 100)? I'm torn between two different amps and the Engl is one of them but I haven't found a dealer for them that I like yet but I've only had good experiences with AMS so I was hoping you guys would start carrying the Invader 100 as MusiciansFriend/Music123 are Engl dealers but don't stock the Invader 100, only the 150 watt version. :( Thanks! :yesway: