Amp advice

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing is the best out there :yesway:

Xenos, usually you get a floor unit to switch between patches on your processor :). Processors are modelling sounds, and if the user adds a ton of gain or compression that's what you'll hear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xenos0176

Reaction score
yea that is true, i havent seen a whole lot of floor units with the processors but i have seen them. Although some of them are sold separately from the processors

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
if anything runs MIDI it's usually easy to find a budget-wise controller :yesway:

Also most floor processors are built in floorboard format. It's the rack ones that would need a controller.

Xenos0176

Reaction score
yea its the rack ones im concerned about getting floor units for. I'm definitely going to get some kind of tone changer and i will attempt to get the 5150 eventually but right now i'm looking for more of a tone changer or a multi effect pedal with a tone/eq on it.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
i'm looking around a $200ish price range for something like that

In that price range, any processor EQ is going to sound pretty terrible. I second an MXR 10-band, available for $99 or less on ebay. Leaves you $100 to pick up a nice boost.

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
For that price your options are limited how about the dime head or the ibanez 150 watt head?

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
Possible solution bear in mind Im not knowledgeable about prices in us. Is gsp1101 and use that into the effects return of the crate till you can get the cash together for a nice power amp

Xenos0176

Reaction score
Possible solution bear in mind Im not knowledgeable about prices in us. Is gsp1101 and use that into the effects return of the crate till you can get the cash together for a nice power amp

Whats your opinion on the gsp1101? I've seen it and i find it interesting but I'm not too sure what to make of it

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
If you mean $200 for a MIDI controller, Behringer makes one.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Amps:
Bugera
POD + power amp
Marshall 8100
Peavey Supreme

Multi FX:
Boss GT
Digitech GSP

All depending on what sound you're going for, of course. Is the head you have now absolutely awful? If not, have you considered getting a new cab first? Cabs can have a big influence on voicing and clarity. A decent amp through a good cab will generally sound better than a great amp through a shitty cab.

Xenos0176

Reaction score
Amps:
Bugera
POD + power amp
Marshall 8100
Peavey Supreme

Multi FX:
Boss GT
Digitech GSP

All depending on what sound you're going for, of course. Is the head you have now absolutely awful? If not, have you considered getting a new cab first? Cabs can have a big influence on voicing and clarity. A decent amp through a good cab will generally sound better than a great amp through a shitty cab.

I havent been able to get a fat, beefy tone with my crate amp head, i would experiment more with it now but i have to get it fixed again so i can't right now. I've heard that crate guitar amps aren't what guitarists should use so that's why i'm trying to replace it, but for now i would like to get a good sound at lower volumes as well and i know many half stacks don't get great tone til they are cranked up a decent amount. Not all but most. Although i have not considered replacing the cabinet. My friend is offering my a peavy (i think) cab and amp head. What do u feel about these cabs/heads?