Amp w/fendery cleans & very articulate highgain?

• Thread starter Gmork
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mr coffee

Reaction score
I don't see why not. Try it, let us know how it works out. Might need a YT vid...Will It Chug?

-m

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Does that thing have a loop I can put my Flux Echo through?

I want to see someone with a strap-on pedalboard rig with like 30 pedals running through that. Plus a meaty 12 lbs Les Paul. Enough weight to just bend them over and wreck them.

SoundAsleep7

Reaction score
How did this thread end up being hijacked by modelling suggestions? The OP wanted amp suggestions for fendery cleans & articulate high gain. They didn’t mention modellers or options paralysis?

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
How did this thread end up being hijacked by modelling suggestions? The OP wanted amp suggestions for fendery cleans & articulate high gain. They didn’t mention modellers or options paralysis?

The OP eventually expressed an interest and asked a couple of questions.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
I want to see someone with a strap-on pedalboard rig with like 30 pedals running through that. Plus a meaty 12 lbs Les Paul. Enough weight to just bend them over and wreck them.

waaaay too many sexual innuendos in that post. I want to say something funny but I can’t choose where to start.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

He's Fractal-Curious. Allow him to experiment.

Personally, I think everyone should buy a 5150 IIIs. But that's me.

And I dont even know what Fender cleans means to OP. A Bassman or Bandmaster (bark), sounds nothing like a Twin (scooped mids and top end chime), which sounds nothing like a Champ (early breakup). But I'm guessing scooped mids like a 60s Reverb. I dont think any of these modern switching master volume amps nails most of those tones. But an EVH is close enough. I'd guess a JP2C has it based on my Kemper profiles, but someone who is a Mesa person or has one should chime in.

Last edited:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Buy the axe iii for $2200 on guitarscanada :yesway:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
And I dont even know what Fender cleans means to OP. A Bassman or Bandmaster (bark), sounds nothing like a Twin (scooped mids and top end chime), which sounds nothing like a Champ (early breakup). But I'm guessing scooped mids like a 60s Reverb. I dont think any of these modern switching master volume amps nails most of those tones. But an EVH is close enough. I'd guess a JP2C has it based on my Kemper profiles, but someone who is a Mesa person or has one should chime in.

For 99,9% of metal players, a "Fender Clean" is just a clean channel with no breakup :lol:

skullfxr

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For 99,9% of metal players, a "Fender Clean" is just a clean channel with no breakup :lol:

Haha.

On the recommendation side of things, a PRS Archon and the Rivera K-Tre.

I own both and use them daily.

Gmork

Reaction score
He's Fractal-Curious. Allow him to experiment.

Personally, I think everyone should buy a 5150 IIIs. But that's me.

I AM indeed talking about that chimey scooped fender clean. Its just so pretty : )