Andy Sneap presets - S2.0

• Thread starter Leec
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
The next product from Toontrack's Metal Month series is out. It's a set of presets designed by Andy Sneap designed for The metal Foundry.

https://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=94

I've just bought them. I liked the snare and kick sound on the Testament sample. For €7, I figured it would be worth a look. I'll let you know how I get on with them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
I grabbed them earlier and had a quick mess around, some VERY cool stuff in there! Lots of layering of samples, definitely more than a few really interesting approaches worth learning from.
Don't expect a mix to suddenly sound like one of Sneap's though - as he says in the video, these are just starting points.

Between this and the Metalheads EZX, Toontrack have already given metal guys a ton of new stuff to play with, it's going to be insane once all 4 products are out! Major props to 'em!

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I will get this! As soon as I actually get Metal Foundry. :squint:

:lol:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Why do the thieves get to have all the fun? :(

Oh well! I JUST got SD so I suppose I should stop bitching and work on getting that to the best shape I can.

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
2u7ptme.png

this is pretty exciting, looks like they'll have a new sdx or something next

satchfrk

Reaction score
Just bought this now but can't figure out how to load it. I'm on a mac. Any hints?

Abiogenesis

Banned
Reaction score
Just tried them, amazing! Will definitely work well for who's looking for an instant nice drum sound, but like Nolly said, it's a starting point...I'm blending these with other samples now and it sounds GOOD!\m/

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I can't get the presets to show up in my preset dropdown :scream:
There isn't a .dll that's in the zip file is there? I installed it, but can't seem to find any proof that it's actually on the computer.

Fred

Reaction score
I can't get the presets to show up in my preset dropdown :scream:
There isn't a .dll that's in the zip file is there? I installed it, but can't seem to find any proof that it's actually on the computer.

I had this when I installed the producer presets for s2.0 - you need to log into your client area on the Toontrack site and download the latest version (can't remember what the release code is). Then they'll show up in the dropdown!

EDIT: sorry, that was phenomenally vague of me. Log in, go to "Downloads", and make sure you've got v2.2.2 installed. For some reason it doesn't update automatically, so you have to do it manually.

Xifter

Reaction score
I had this when I installed the producer presets for s2.0 - you need to log into your client area on the Toontrack site and download the latest version (can't remember what the release code is). Then they'll show up in the dropdown!

EDIT: sorry, that was phenomenally vague of me. Log in, go to "Downloads", and make sure you've got v2.2.2 installed. For some reason it doesn't update automatically, so you have to do it manually.

This^:bowdown:

Acme

Reaction score
They are talking about complete midis of classic Accept and other songs in the video. Are these in this pack too? Or maybe these are gonna be the contents of one of the two yet unknown addons?

Menigguh

Reaction score
Dude I LOVE THESE PRESETS

I love how he uses the room mics to simulate a fat reverb on the snare

rides and chinas really come out too

More than pleased

CANT WAIT FOR WHAT ELSE IS COMING OUT IN METAL MONTH

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
so this new one only work if you already have ez-mix? nice marketing there :)

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. but, to be fair, all the titles released in Metal Month have required you to already own products in order to use them. It's been a month of add-ons, not new software.

Acme, nope, there's no midi included in the Producer Presets download. It looks like the final package will be a MIDI library. Maybe it'll be in those.

Latest posts