Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Psyy

The Care Cup's Empty
Reaction score
Isolated Incidents really didn't do it for me, I'm afraid. It was good, as Animals as Leaders will be inevitably, but it didn't truly hit me the same way 'Point to Point' did when I first found out about them. Going to reserve final judgment for when the album is released in its entirety, of course.

Cabinet

:O
Reaction score
Isolated Incidents really didn't do it for me, I'm afraid. It was good, as Animals as Leaders will be inevitably, but it didn't truly hit me the same way 'Point to Point' did when I first found out about them. Going to reserve final judgment for when the album is released in its entirety, of course.

Oh man I love Point to Point. I think it's their most underrated track. Shame it's only like a minute long though.

VILARIKA

Reaction score

I think I read a comment by Nolly that said that the new AAL music doesn't have quality song structure, but the old AAL did because of Bulb. Still, the music is great, but maybe doesn't flow as well...

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
^Pure opinion. don't set yours based on what someone else says man! I'm all for bulb's arranging style, but I also dont mind tosin's looser, "train of thought" structural form. When the album hits and all the riffage descends, I don't think too many people will be complaining anymore, one way or the other.

VILARIKA

Reaction score
^Pure opinion. don't set yours based on what someone else says man! I'm all for bulb's arranging style, but I also dont mind tosin's looser, "train of thought" structural form. When the album hits and all the riffage descends, I don't think too many people will be complaining anymore, one way or the other.

Sorry if I came off as not having my own opinion, but I do agree to a degree that maybe the song isn't as easily memorable as some of the older AAL tracks. Still, I think Isolated Incidents is one of my favorite tracks by them now :yesway:

Psyy

The Care Cup's Empty
Reaction score
It's going to be more fusion than djent, and I think some people just need to get over it :2c: :lol:

As the djent scene becomes more and more 'sceney' I find myself straying farther and farther from the bands one would consider 'djent'. It's just become and irritating and overused style to listen to. My opinion that Isolated Incidents isn't quite as good as the stuff on the debut album lies more in the songwriting than the style of music presented in it. The song itself just doesn't seem to be as truly listenable as nearly all the tracks on the first album were.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
Not all music is meant to be popular to the listeners. Yeah, they are on a label and all that, but music is mainly for the person who is writing. I believe tosin writes a lot of stuff for himself especially on this upcoming record. I love hearing and respect that.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Not all music is meant to be popular to the listeners. Yeah, they are on a label and all that, but music is mainly for the person who is writing. I believe tosin writes a lot of stuff for himself especially on this upcoming record. I love hearing and respect that.

well said man :yesway:

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
It's going to be more fusion than djent, and I think some people just need to get over it :2c: :lol:

QFT.

Isolated Incidents doesn't quite do it for me. I already like some of the Amazon clips that were up better than the whole of Isolated Incidents. I feel like this album is going to be more diverse. It'll also have more influences, seeing as how Javier and Navene were involved in the writing process. Hell, one could even venture to say that that's where the diversity comes from. :rofl:

One thing I've wondered, though...Misha has said before that he doesn't have a great grasp of theory (I believe in the Djent Set Youtube videos). If that's the case, how would he come up with those crazy Phrygian runs in CAFO, or the like inverted 7th(?) chords in Point to Point? I get that you don't need theory to write a complex song, I mean just listen to Periphery, but I honestly wonder exactly how much beyond producing the record Bulb did.

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
QFT.

Isolated Incidents doesn't quite do it for me. I already like some of the Amazon clips that were up better than the whole of Isolated Incidents. I feel like this album is going to be more diverse. It'll also have more influences, seeing as how Javier and Navene were involved in the writing process. Hell, one could even venture to say that that's where the diversity comes from. :rofl:

One thing I've wondered, though...Misha has said before that he doesn't have a great grasp of theory (I believe in the Djent Set Youtube videos). If that's the case, how would he come up with those crazy Phrygian runs in CAFO, or the like inverted 7th(?) chords in Point to Point? I get that you don't need theory to write a complex song, I mean just listen to Periphery, but I honestly wonder exactly how much beyond producing the record Bulb did.

From my understanding Tosin wrote all or most of the riffs and all the chords you're talking about and Misha helped arrange the songs and produced the record

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
Just listened to the samples. I trust tosin, and I believe those were just rough demos. The quality was just plain bad.

There is a fantastic album under the awful quality of those clips.

PTP

Reaction score
I must have been listening to a different band called Animals As Leaders that has an album called Weightless coming out because the production on the samples I heard sounded amazing (aside from the obviously low bitrate).

rasse

Reaction score

lurgar

Reaction score
Wow, that song is awesome. I really love the transition between the first two parts. The tapping into the jazzy runs is just great.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
I'll be honest, this song doesn't transmit me that much...but I still have high hopes for the album.

Chaotisys

Reaction score
Another song that kills my excitement for this album.

Well, there's still the new Faceless and (if it ever sees the light of day) Necrophagist albums...