Another NeuralDSP plugin coming?

• Thread starter drb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They just tweeted this:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Atefred

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm saving my money for when they release an "axe-fx suite" plugin...

spudmunkey

Reaction score
They didn't make the rookie mistake (that surprising a huge number of massive corporations make) of thinking that just darkening the image would be enough, they actually did "erase" most of the not-highlighted visual information. :lol:

1646760432155.png

bjjman

Reaction score
Glad they are stepping away from the metal tones again. Variety is definitely what I'm after from them right now.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
On FB someone mentioned that it might be a Dumble plugin, given his recent passing. Just speculation though. I'll be trying it out, but at this point I think I'm done buying plugins unless it absolutely blows me away.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I actually forgot I owned any Neural plugins until just now

when I own a physical amp/unit/whatever I see it sitting there and it reminds me to use it. plugins are just one line in a list of 300 something on my computer. there's probably 15 great amp sims hidden in here I've forgotten about

so yeah probably not gonna be getting this one. But if I do, I bet I'll really enjoy playing it for a week before it gets neglected

mikah912

Reaction score
I actually forgot I owned any Neural plugins until just now

when I own a physical amp/unit/whatever I see it sitting there and it reminds me to use it. plugins are just one line in a list of 300 something on my computer. there's probably 15 great amp sims hidden in here I've forgotten about

so yeah probably not gonna be getting this one. But if I do, I bet I'll really enjoy playing it for a week before it gets neglected

Yup. I rarely engage with any beyond the 14-day trial. Honestly, the Quad Cortex has all of this stuff in it already between the models and the abundant captures out there already. I'm not really a Dumble/fusion guy, but most Fenders with the right drive capture can absolutely get you there already.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I like how they have to repeatedly say it’s not for metal to avoid the tantrums people had when the Cory Wong plug-in was released.

Jeffrey Bain

Reaction score
I like how they have to repeatedly say it’s not for metal to avoid the tantrums people had when the Cory Wong plug-in was released.
lol probably goes both ways. When I think Neural DSP I think crushing, modern metal tones. They probably need to clue in the other non-metal folks that this may actually interest them for once

Mathemagician

Reaction score
So is the Quad Cortex getting any updates? Or does releasing individual plug ins just print way more money? Rhetorical question.

laxu

Reaction score
So is the Quad Cortex getting any updates? Or does releasing individual plug ins just print way more money? Rhetorical question.
They just released a large firmware update for it in February with a bunch of new amp models, fx and functionality. Then several bugfix updates in short succession. Which is no different from e.g what most Fractal updates have.

Rhetorical or not, plugins do provide them with cash flow when it might be hard to get Quad Cortex units produced and sold, especially now that parts probably have to ship around Russia rather than through it to get to Finland. Thomann states 6-8 weeks to get a QC.

I like that they are offering something else rather than yet another metal-oriented plugin. The Archetype Petrucci was pretty good so I think this will be fun too.

laxu

Reaction score
A large firmware update that almost gets it to advertised pre-launch functionality, lol.
That's on NeuralDSP for promising things that did not exist. Always trust marketing to ignore developers.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Exactly what the members of this board were looking for. An emulation of a clone of a Fender amp. Perfection.
To their credit, they already warned this isn't for us. :lol:

...Okay I was half right though. :rofl: I at least said Fender clone. But I was pretty set on it being some kinda Dumble.