Any Brits here?

• Thread starter hairychris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
When are you getting off of the euro standard and going back to that weird L with a line through it money thing?

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
When are you getting off of the euro standard and going back to that weird L with a line through it money thing?

Just ouch. No, not your comment, my bank balance when I look at it converted to euros! ;) hell I also r ember 200 odd Yen to the Pound 15 years ago when I first started travelling to Japan for work...

I’m not aware of any stockists, but I know Gray Guitars will let you drop into the workshop if you book an appointment. It’s not exactly central London, but it’s probably worth contacting the guy directly to see if he has stockists anywhere in the city center.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah forgot all about! I'll def have to stop by there. Is That Pedal Shows studio open to visitors?

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah dammit they're an hour away from where we're staying and they're only open until 6pm.

Are the UK breaking and entering laws strict? Asking for a friend.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
So this Boris Johnston guy is the new king of United Kingston? Is he the British Trump or something?

Yes, yes he is the duly elected king of the United Kingston! He’s going to divide, undermine and destabilise this great country and sell millions of copies of his memoirs when he writes them.

They say he’ll quite possibly be the last Prime Minister of the ‘United Kingdom’ as his ‘reign’ could see both Scotland and Northern Ireland leaving the U.K.!!! Leaving England and Wales to die off in isolation.

I’m hoping the next generation sees a way for us to rejoin the EU, adopt the Euro and realise Britain’s great past has passed and we need to look forwards now, not backwards like the Brexit generation seem to be doing :(

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Boris gets elected and UK sees record breaking heat (102 deg). Coincidence? I'll let you decide.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
So who from SSO was playing touchstyle on what looked like a 10-string in the tube?

I hated not being able to drop a tip but I only had foreign currency on me at the time and I was in a mad rush.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
So who from SSO was playing touchstyle on what looked like a 10-string in the tube?

I hated not being able to drop a tip but I only had foreign currency on me at the time and I was in a mad rush.
I saw that guy a few years ago. Jamming Pink Floyd on a Chapman stick. The crazy thing is I saw him in the underground tunnel from South Kensington towards the museums, and then a couple of weeks ago I was on my way to see Tony Levin with King Crimson and found myself walking through that same tunnel.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw that guy a few years ago. Jamming Pink Floyd on a Chapman stick. The crazy thing is I saw him in the underground tunnel from South Kensington towards the museums, and then a couple of weeks ago I was on my way to see Tony Levin with King Crimson and found myself walking through that same tunnel.

IIRC this time it was the station where Platform 9 3/4 from the Harry Potter movies is. I actually wanted to stop and listen, but I was with a tour group. But I imagine he does well with the sheer volume of traffic through there.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Also for any Brits here...

I watch a lot of TV shows from the UK. What is the difference between a tosser and a toss pot?