Any love for Godin?

• Thread starter Descent
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jl-austin

Reaction score
I loved the Redline series. It seems like they are making mostly blues rock style guitars now. I just wish they would have continued the Redline line even with just one model.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I loved the Redline series. It seems like they are making mostly blues rock style guitars now. I just wish they would have continued the Redline line even with just one model.

They would have, if it sold ;)

Redlines are dirt cheap used. If you want one, look there :yesway:.

I like Godin guitars - they usually look good, offer specs most guitarists value, and they use good components. When it comes to their electrics, I just couldn't get into the neck profile.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
I wish the redline was 25.5. It's like fusion guitars, a 24.75 - 24 fret guitar. Not a huge deal obviously, but still.

soliloquy

Reaction score
decent guitars, and offer a lot for their price too. and considering they are made in North America, they stand alone in what they offer comparing to other north american companies in terms of what they ask for for their price.

with that being said, their resale is super poor. i'm struggling to sell my godin for a while now. a lot of people say its 'pretty' and what other dirty things they'd do to it....but no one is willing to pull the trigger... :scratch:

they do get overlooked quiet a lot though. their seagul guitars are some of the best acoustics i've ever played. they do maintain their resale value fairly well as well. the other brands of godin empire, on the other hand, dont have the same luck.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I always forget Seagull is part of Godin, or however that's organized. I dig Seagull acoustics more than Godin electrics.

BouhZik

Reaction score
I love my Godin redline 1. So much I offered her an Evertune bridge

This thread and the "single pup" thread gave me an opportunity to show it twice :lol:

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Well I just bought my 2nd Godin, thread just got made:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=320345

Teaser:

20170314_115617_zpson9zjiar.jpg~original

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I want an old Artisan. They're so nice and actually made here, not just assembled.

bgjqtkfly8y1sqmy6stt.jpg

Tuned

Reaction score
if you ever owned/played a Kramer that claimed to be American made, 90% possibility it was made by Robert Godin

Hammertone

Reaction score
Godin ghost-built necks and bodies for a variety of American brands. Not sure if they are still doing it. I still have a Valley Arts neck by Godin around somewhere.

yuri_1973

Romantic Shredder
Reaction score
I had a nylon Multiac ACS SA, which was a looker, it was a limited 2006 run with quilted maple top with sunburst finish (I think they called it Lightburst), really pretty indeed. (pic below)

Very good instrument, ergonomics were pretty good for me (neck profile, string spacing, action, etc...), ... the only drawback is that the piezo system was way less natural sounding when compared to a real classical guitar with piezo+mic (namely, a fishman prefix problend), so I ended up selling it, and getting a real classical guitar with the fishman stuff ....

....later I missed the midi part, so I also got a flamenco guitar with RMC hehehe
:shred:

Attachments

• Godin Multiac.JPG
    Godin Multiac.JPG
    301.3 KB · Views: 1