Any mountain bikers?

• Thread starter Universe74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bevo

Reaction score
Nice work!

To bad the camera can't pick up some of those drops and jumps..nice place to ride!

I spent 3 hours on a Flatline a few weeks ago up our downhill park, sure miss the big bikes!

tripguitar

Settler of Catan
Reaction score
just got into mountain biking like 4 weeks ago, been going twice a week since then.

bought a hardtail and a full sus on craiglist (cheapo, but they get the job done)

anyone have any advice though? my full suspension keeps trying to switch gears without me using the shifters... like it grabs the next sprocket up for a second and then lets go. really annoying when im climbing...

i have tried adjusting the limit screws but it never seems to be just right...

do i need new derailleurs or a new cassette? or is there an adjustment i can try messing with that i dont know about?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bevo

Reaction score
Your cables are probably dry and the bumps are changing gears.
It's cheap to change..

Universe74

Reaction score
just got into mountain biking like 4 weeks ago, been going twice a week since then.

bought a hardtail and a full sus on craiglist (cheapo, but they get the job done)

anyone have any advice though? my full suspension keeps trying to switch gears without me using the shifters... like it grabs the next sprocket up for a second and then lets go. really annoying when im climbing...

i have tried adjusting the limit screws but it never seems to be just right...

do i need new derailleurs or a new cassette? or is there an adjustment i can try messing with that i dont know about?

Your solution is likely to run full length shift housing to the rear mech. On some bikes the suspension compression is enough to slacken the cable long enough to ghost shift. My giant Reign used to do that.

tripguitar

Settler of Catan
Reaction score
Your solution is likely to run full length shift housing to the rear mech. On some bikes the suspension compression is enough to slacken the cable long enough to ghost shift. My giant Reign used to do that.

I actually bought and installed new shifters and cables because the bike had grip twist and i HATE :scream: those. unfortunately the housing that came with the new shifters didnt really fit correctly so i kept the housing from the old cables... I did notice they were a bit of a tight fit when installing... maybe thats the reason?

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
I just acquired a Diamondback Overdrive V 29er. Pics will come soon.
I have several new (item) days to post here. An Eleven Rack, what used to be Keith Merrow's audio interface, new house, new car, new bike, and I'm close to finishing my paintball rig and getting a GTX680 graphics card.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Today for the first time in probably 4 years I hopped on the MTB and took on some trails. Lots of mud as it rained all week so there was plenty of sliding fun (and plenty of washing later).

Had an absolute blast, can't believe I ever stopped. Will be doing this way more often as I am a 2 minute drive from the reserve.

tripguitar

Settler of Catan
Reaction score
WHO IS READY FOR SOME 2013 MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!!!!!!!??????:scream:

cant wait to shred the trails. gotta find some new single track around here.

also need to get rid of the bikes i have and get one nice hardtail.

anyone else pumped for some spring biking?

austink

Reaction score
tumblr_nskbiuirIG1qaythmo1_500.jpg

This is my XC race bike.