Any mountain bikers?

• Thread starter Universe74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Since this has already been bumped by somebody else, I'll reply to this:
Clipless and mountain bikes... :ugh: Ok for road riding (I used to be huge into both mountain biking and road riding), but I'd avoid them for rough terrain. Too risky.
Maybe if you've got regular old road cycling clips, but if you've got something specifically designed for MTBing (e.g. SPD's), clip-less is much, much safer than toe clips. They hold tighter, when I want them to, and I'm in and out of my clip-less much faster than toe clips. Plus, I'm a lot more stable and can use more "body english" on a descent.

Ray

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Just got back from my ride. If my computer decides it wants to recognize my phone for once, I'll post some pics. The mountains are pretty exhausting, but sooo much fun!

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Here's a vid from a couple of days ago. Nothing amazing, but watch it in 720...and mute the audio ffs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crank

Mike / Made Of Hate
Reaction score
Wow, I went through the pages here and some of you are just amazing with your clips! Awesome stuff. I consider myself rather a fan that a actual rider. However I love to ride my bike off-road and urban kind of off-road (if you know what i mean). As new here I want to show you my ride, however I'm overwhelmed by your equipment :) However I love my bike and I live riding it!

Cheers!

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 11

Bevo

Reaction score
I am!!

Just putting a cheap ish XC bike together for some cross training for running.
Went for a ride a few days ago, still damn icy!

Bevo

Reaction score
Just dropped my bike off at the shop to get all the parts going with my new frame, can't wait!!

We also have the big bike show next week, looking forward to getting some new parts.

I also found a twonie race, everyone who enters pays $2 and the winner gets the pot, its 30 min away mid week once the snow goes..this will really help my running!!

Bevo

Reaction score
Just picked up a used set of wheels... what a joke, they are brand new not even one scratch...Mavic Cross Disc XC wheels for $100 including top line tires!!!

Can't wait to get this bike on the trails!

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
I've been trying to go biking every week since it's been so nice out here. I have better pics on my phone that I'll upload later. Here's one to revive this thread.

10r04s7.jpg

Bevo

Reaction score
^ Damn that is purdy!!!

I remember when the green VPS1 came out, damn thing broke my collar bone!
Last one I had was the team in 04 with the boxxer I think!

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Did about 3-4 hours of mountain biking today... I'm beat. I've got some really nice pictures I'll have to upload.

brynotherhino

Reformed Redneck
Reaction score
Man I havnt been able to ride since September and its killing me, but hopefully ill be able to start up again in May. This thread is win.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Anybody been riding lately? I've been going 1-2 times a week. I had to start riding without gloves today because I've had the most ridiculous tan. Tan/burnt everywhere but white hands. Today's ride fixed that though. I'll miss my hilariously embarrassing white hands.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
... The mountain bikes here have not seen much use since we moved to IL, and zero since we started on the kid-thing ...

Man, coming-up on four years later, nothing's changed much. :realmad: The Oldest is off training wheels and the youngest will likely be off them in the spring. :pray:

I'll have to add pictures of my pretty much nothing original except the frame (and maybe rims/spokes/hubs) 199? StumpJumper Comp.

Ray