Any SFF PC enthusiasts here?

• Thread starter Legion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
Sound off!

What's your current build/spec?
Favorite case to build in?
How much power would you be willing to trade away to cram it all into a tiny chassis?

I'm currently in the process of a case swap for my fully air cooled i9-11900/3070Ti FE setup from my old Node 202 to something custom.

Tell me your SFF PC things!

FancyFish

bruh
Reaction score
I currently have my pc (5600x, 6600xt) in a Nr200. Love it. Unfortunately, now I want to go smaller. Was thinking of picking up a used NCase M1.

Legion

Reaction score
NR200 is a legendary case, man.
And it's a crying shame the M1 is discontinued.

I currently have my pc (5600x, 6600xt) in a Nr200. Love it. Unfortunately, now I want to go smaller. Was thinking of picking up a used NCase M1.
Look into the FormD T1, perhaps? Sub 10L.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I'm visiting home and seeing the legacy of my SFF enthusiasm from back in 2004-2007 or so, when I used to have a side hustle building Shuttle xpcs for people (and myself). I've got 3 of the old ones sitting on a shelf. I liked when they kinda had a face:

56-101-219-01.JPG

It's dated, but I still love that design. Wish I had a use for them -- I thought they'd go into arcade cabinets for emulation when they retired from desktop use, but now I have a MiSTer to do that.

FancyFish

bruh
Reaction score
NR200 is a legendary case, man.
And it's a crying shame the M1 is discontinued.

Look into the FormD T1, perhaps? Sub 10L.
I just prefer the more traditional layout cases because I'm a sucker for huge tower aircoolers. I read that they're working on a M1 successor. So I see either that or the Dan C4 in my future.

Legion

Reaction score
I just prefer the more traditional layout cases because I'm a sucker for huge tower aircoolers. I read that they're working on a M1 successor. So I see either that or the Dan C4 in my future.
Ah. Lemme throw in the Sliger S610 into the ring for ya. Real nice case. Might be a tad bigger than the C4 tho.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I wish I went with a SFF for my current build. I want to hang my PC under my desk, but it's a sit-to-stand, and at its lowest setting, the case would bottom-out before the desk would, which means I couldn't run the desk's reset cycle without removing the PC...which is annoying.

My next will likely be a SFF, though, for sure, but noise will still be a major consideration so it'll still likely be on the larger side of SFF.

@narad I've almost built PC's in those cases so many times over the years, but cheaper cases always won out over the style.

Last edited:

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Ah. Lemme throw in the Sliger S610 into the ring for ya. Real nice case. Might be a tad bigger than the C4 tho.

Max cooler height is 128mm in that case -- still pretty smol. I think I'd rather just use a radiator at that point, which it looks like that case does a great job with.

I have a couple smaller cases - one is a Silverstone Raven RV02 itx case, and the other is a Thermaltake Core V21 mATX system. That one used to fit into a Silverstone SG09, but I was having a little trouble evacuating the heat from the video card in an efficient way. Otherwise the SG09 is awesome! I think it was the smallest mATX case that I could find that also could house a Noctua NH-D14/15.