any thoughts on my new release ? (post progressive metal)

DaftFloyd

Reaction score
hi guys,

i'm making music since many years, and i just finished to work on my latest album (the title of the album will be "Vol de nuit").
I worked on it during a whole year. It's influenced by cloudkicker, gojira, meshuggah, envy... but I think that I found my own style in this piece.
Most of the tracks are instrumental, but some of them have vocals (I wanted these parts to be rare and unique).
Here is the first track I recorded last year, which mix very metal parts with some jazz influences at the end :

or here

Let me know what you think about it!
I would be happy to talk with you
seeya

Spinozarre

DaftFloyd

Reaction score
oh thank you very much, I'm happy to share this with people :)
It took a lot of my nights, but I'm proud of it

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DaftFloyd

Reaction score
I wanted to share with y'all this other track. It's a very ambient and guitar driven track to start the album. These two (with Gelassenheit) shows a good range of the ambiences that you can find in the entire album.
Let me know what you think about it!
If you have any questions, go for it :)

At night :

(bandcamp link : )

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Really like Glassenheit, the production sounds huge and goes very nicely with the quieter, jazzy section at the end. Great work!

NexusMT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What is post progressive metal ? Never heard of that before.

Nice music btw... :) Which gear did you use ?

DaftFloyd

Reaction score
What is post progressive metal ? Never heard of that before.

Nice music btw... :) Which gear did you use ?
ahaha post progressive was used by some folks I heard... I think that's a way to talk about music between post rock and progressive music? :) by the way I don't like very much to categorize...

thank you very much! I used my Ibanez RG2228 (8 strings) into a focusrite 3rd Gen 2i2. For the amps I used archetype Gojira and Nolly. I'm using GGD PIV for the drums!

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
ahaha post progressive was used by some folks I heard... I think that's a way to talk about music between post rock and progressive music? :) by the way I don't like very much to categorize...

thank you very much! I used my Ibanez RG2228 (8 strings) into a focusrite 3rd Gen 2i2. For the amps I used archetype Gojira and Nolly. I'm using GGD PIV for the drums!
Can't listen now cause I'm at work, but I'll check it out when I get home for sure. Always down to hear new Prog Metal.

And good shout on the Gojira. I fucking love that plugin. Between that and the Plini, I'm usually pretty set.

DaftFloyd

Reaction score
Can't listen now cause I'm at work, but I'll check it out when I get home for sure. Always down to hear new Prog Metal.

And good shout on the Gojira. I fucking love that plugin. Between that and the Plini, I'm usually pretty set.
ahaha, tell me what you think about it when you can!

yeah the gojira plugin is wonderful. I love its versatility!

but I forgot to say that I used A LOT my ebow on the entire album. It's so powerful for ambient stuff

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
Pretty dope, man. I especially like Kakorrhaphiophobia. The electronic stuff mixed with the big riffs sound great together, plus the song has really nice movement.

DaftFloyd

Reaction score
Pretty dope, man. I especially like Kakorrhaphiophobia. The electronic stuff mixed with the big riffs sound great together, plus the song has really nice movement.

thank you man, I composed Kakorrhaphiophobia for the soundtrack of a game called //OVERDRIVE (it's a schmup rogue lite on steam).
I think i'll be making more of electronical / metal stuff in the future :)

DaftFloyd

Reaction score
I did this soundtrack for a game in 2021 :

I'm also working on another soundtrack for a new game called Project OPERATOR :

And I'm planning to release my new album "Vol de nuit", soon. Can't wait to show y'all more tracks!