Anybody wanna play bass for Fear Factory?

• Thread starter guitar_player4_2_0
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitar_player4_2_0

Reaction score
Do you HAVE to drink a bottle of tequila, or you just have to be able to get back on the bus if you DO drink a bottle of tequila?
I can def do it and still stand, but I don’t think my playing would be very tight if I was that sloppy. Plus, when people say “drink a bottle” that’s a little ambiguous. A half pint or a half gallon could both be considered a bottle in my book. One is manageable, the other is probably guaranteed death lol.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
Surprising that they don't just have a friend do it, since that seems to be what most bands do.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Had I been a better drinker and not play Ibanez, I'd probably would've applied for the gig. :lol:

Surprising that they don't just have a friend do it, since that seems to be what most bands do.

Or even resort to backing tracks or an octave pedal, the former being another option most bands do as well.

And if the empty stage room needs to be filled, just do what Status Quo did for the Rockin' All Over The World video.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score

For a band the size of Fear Factory it's unusual to see them opening auditions to the public. Music is a community where everyone is constantly networking. They could have a line of experienced pro's ready to fill that spot.

DEUCE SLUICE

Reaction score
For a band the size of Fear Factory it's unusual to see them opening auditions to the public. Music is a community where everyone is constantly networking. They could have a line of experienced pro's ready to fill that spot.

If they pluck some relative unknown out of nowhere the power dynamic is different. Maybe they think they're more likely to get someone willing to drop everything whenever they need them that way.

zappatton2

Reaction score
I hear Araya's lookin' for work. Maybe they can book him to fill space in front of the crowd while Kerry fills in from backstage.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
Did you not see where it said "Fear Factory"?
That was kind of my line of thinking. I don't really follow the band but I've heard enough said about Dino and co that it wouldn't surprise me to find out they've alienated some or most of the people they'd choose first.

Could also be they can pay a fan less, lol