Anyone here bench, lift weights, etc?

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Aww yeah son, check that new avatar. :cool:

This bar is so much better. Worth every penny. I'll try and post up some comparison photos later. For now, IT'S BENCH DAY BROS!!!!!!!! :flex:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
The last 3 days I have pushed myself to muscle failure on every workout I've done, and it feels so great. I'm sore as shit, but it's a good feeling, and I wake up stiff, but feeling overall better. Plus I can see the beginning stages of Swolitis. :flex:

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
just maxed out at the gym this thursday 350 on squat, 220 on cleans, and 210 on bench. such an improvement from when i first started really working out a year ago.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Leg day will be the death of me. The last two leg days have made me nearly unable to walk up and down my stairs without whimpering like a bitch. :lol: Tomorrow is chest/triceps day, which I always love. Also, I've been taking Jack3d, and it has been giving me more reps. Trying to make sure I cycle on and off to keep my tolerance low.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
So over the weekend I decided to ''build" myself a lifting platform. In this case, "build" means I stacked 2 sheets of 4-layer plywood on top of each other. :lol:

As I mentioned before, I have a power rack in my apartment. I was squating and deadlifting off the carpet. Feels so much better to deadlift off the hard surface. Oh and the Texas Power Bar doesn't fall out of my hands. So that's a nice thing. You know, to actually be able to grip your bar when lifting.

I'm on the 5-3-1+ week of my Wendler cycle. This week called for 365 on the 1+ set of the deadlift. After 3 easyish reps I just said, ".... this!" Put all 400 pounds on the bar (all the weight I have at the moment), and pulled 8 strong/fast reps. Feeling pretty beast mode right now! :flex: :D

soliloquy

Reaction score
i'm so close to hitting 300LBS on deadlift. i know many of you are doing WAY above that, so it may not seem that big a deal to you. but still, i've hit 295lbs with 3 reps. i wont try it for another few weeks as it drains my energy and i struggle to finish the rest of the day at the gym.

i'll get there

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
^Dude we've all been there. I remember benching 200 for the first time and getting so juiced on adrenaline I knocked out 210 right after it. If you're getting 295 but not 300, it may be more of a mental thing. Take a minute to breathe, put on a good track (in my case, preferably something violent), and just crush that shit :metal:

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I hope you guys aren't getting annoyed with me treating this like Facebook (your workout doesn't count unless you post about it bro! :lol:).

But...... the "platform" made a huge difference on squat today. Last set of my Wendler 1+ set was 360, I got 5 reps. Decided to try 390 and got a triple. :woot: So much stronger with that solid base to lift from, no more shifting carpet. :eek:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
This is my 3rd day off. I'm going crazy. But Wednesday I saw Deafheaven, yesterday I came home from work and instantly fell asleep with intentions of waking up for the gym….but, ya know. And today my girlfriend was going crazy about running errands for the weekend, so I'm making her wake up at 7:30 tomorrow so we can go. BICEPS! :flex:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I set two PRs yesterday.

Squat - 250 lbs.
Leg press - 325 lbs.

My legs are god damn sore. :lol:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Keeping this thread alive! :lol:

My buddy was supposed to come to the gym tonight, which is usually okay. He's a lazy lifter, though. He'll take 5 minute breaks, walk on the treadmill, etc. I'm kind of glad he didn't show up, because I went in, threw in the headphones, blasted some JFAC, and destroyed my arms. Biceps, triceps, forearms, chest, and a little bit of back. I always love getting in the zone and busting out reps and doing higher weights than I thought I could. PROGRESS! :flex:

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
One of my sparring partners and I started a pissing contest of sorts- Who can do the most pull-ups in a row. He maxed out at 32, I got 36 today, and I weigh about 30 pounds more than him. To stay ahead of the curve, I'm going for 40 next week. :flex:

EDIT: I should mention that both of us were wide-gripping and were using proper form. Kipping is for sissies.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
almost exclusively doing front squats now and getting my ass low to the flo... i took a break from my heavy back squats to concentrate on getting my hips lower at the bottom of the exercise. since then my lower back cant support the weight.. making me think my form wasnt good to begin with.

but just because i my legs still need more stimulation im adding in heavy split squats with dumbells.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Been getting my girl in the gym with me the past few days. Just have her doing functional stuff, plus some squats (for dat booty, doe :cool:) and a little lifting. Honestly, it makes her even hotter to me. I love fit girls.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Was having trouble fitting training in around my ridiculous last-year-of-school workload, so me and my dad (he's trying to get fit again haha) changed it up and started waking up at 6 to train before school/work respectively. Feels absolutely incredible.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Was having trouble fitting training in around my ridiculous last-year-of-school workload, so me and my dad (he's trying to get fit again haha) changed it up and started waking up at 6 to train before school/work respectively. Feels absolutely incredible.

Definitely a good mood booster. I've always felt better about training first rather than after work.