Anyone into Sleep Token? (Check out if you like Deftones)

• Thread starter Marv Attaxx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
I REALLY liked Vore when I heard it a month or 2 ago and have kept coming back to it, but more recently I heard DYWTYLM and had to skip to the next song in my Spotify recent releases playlist after 30 seconds. I like their heavier metal stuff, it seems, but much less of the poppy stuff. I'll have to check out the album and go back to their older stuff, but am open to suggestions.
In no particular order and besides the songs I`ve mentioned above:
- The Offering
- Gods
- Higher (quiet song that absolutely f*cks in the end)
- Hypnosis
- Alkaline
- Jaws
- Atlantic
- High Water
- Nazareth
- Calcutta
- When the bough breaks
Some start slow but any of those goes heavy to really heavy at some point :wavey:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone is going to the US tour, but A.A. Williams is opening. So that's awesome.

And apparently at the end of the year they're playing the freaking OVO Arena Wembly in London.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
In no particular order and besides the songs I`ve mentioned above:
- The Offering
- Gods
- Higher (quiet song that absolutely f*cks in the end)
- Hypnosis
- Alkaline
- Jaws
- Atlantic
- High Water
- Nazareth
- Calcutta
- When the bough breaks
Some start slow but any of those goes heavy to really heavy at some point :wavey:
So I listened to all of these tracks you recommended and enjoyed some parts, but realized that for the most part this band isn't for me. Appreciate you taking the time and giving me a big list of recommendations, though! If we still had Rep I'd throw you a green bar. :cheers:

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I've gone back to the new album a few times from recommendations since it came out and...I can't. I don't get what's the big deal. It's not bad, but its just pretty boring pop music with the occasional thall bend and some breakdowns. Most of it sounds like someone strung together various Superior Drummer/NDSP/VSTi Synth "tone tests" that all happened to be in the same key into songs.
And it sounds and feels nothing like Deftones outside of the misplaced horniness of some of it.

Reaction score
Aqua Regia and Vore are both bangers. There's a sick breakdown in the beginning of the Summoning. That's about it for me

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score

Oh crap, they actually did Vore live. Maybe now they'll finally play Gods.

Looks funny in daylight with no real light show haha.

I've tried to get into this band, can't do it LOL

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw Sleep Token on quite a few SSO members’ AOTY lists, so I checked out the latest album.

Couldn’t get through 2 minutes of it…🤣🤣

They are definitely not something you can only listen to 2 minutes of to get an impression of.
Is also cool if they're not your jam. I like 1 song and the rest just isn't for me.

When I want my "these guys look wildly heavier/more Satanic than they sound" I'll listen to Ghost I guess. :lol:

Inb4 Scooby Doo Oyster Cult.