Anyone like Fallujah

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maxturbator

Reaction score
They're too damn good. I saw them at this really weird pizza place/venue with one of my favorite local death metal bands in January, it was so awesome!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
Nomadic got me into them, hard.

Heard their first release and wasn't super impressed, then had the chance to see them open up for Black Dahlia Murder a couple weeks ago, they played Nomadic in full. Blew me away

Thrawn

Reaction score
I saw them play the Slaughter Survivors tour last year and they were really good live. I haven't spent enough time with their first record but, 'The Dead Sea' off Nomadic crushes and I just wish the rest of the EP was as strong. The band has some serious potential so I'll be interested to hear the 2nd record.

Has one of their guitarists been touring with All Shall Perish recently?

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I saw them play the Slaughter Survivors tour last year and they were really good live. I haven't spent enough time with their first record but, 'The Dead Sea' off Nomadic crushes and I just wish the rest of the EP was as strong. The band has some serious potential so I'll be interested to hear the 2nd record.

Has one of their guitarists been touring with All Shall Perish recently?

One of them left and plays with The Zenith Passage now (I think)

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
I believe one of them does tour with ASP now, whether it's the same guy who is now in The Zenith Passage I have no idea.

sweepingDemon

Reaction score
Saw them opening for Havok opening for Suffocation and they were pretty good. They really know how to use those 7 strings, that's for sure. Pity there wasn't much of a vibe since there were about 20 people at that point.

Yeah man i saw them on that tour, it sucked that the only had a short set. i really wanna see them do a headline uk tour when they put out their 2nd full length.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Yeah man i saw them on that tour, it sucked that the only had a short set. i really wanna see them do a headline uk tour when they put out their 2nd full length.

If they ever get a proper UK tour, I'll be there for sure. These guys are super sick, can't believe I only heard them earlier this year after Nomadic came out, they are the band I've been waiting years to hear.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
I opened for them and heard them before harvest wombs. kinda skipped HW but nomadic is album of the year for me. And changed how i view death metal as a whole.

UCBmetal

Reaction score
Awesome guys to boot. Probably the best band out in the Bay Area now that ASP is gutted.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
To the people not so hot on Harvest Wombs: Care to say why it didn't quite resonate with you? I feel it's a fairly impactful album, dare I say a landmark in modern tech/prog death.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
Saw someone post a Fallujah song in another thread (one of the songs from Nomadic) and now I can't stop listening. They're ....ing incredible. :hbang:

Mr-Jemhead93

I think I'm profound
Reaction score
To the people not so hot on Harvest Wombs: Care to say why it didn't quite resonate with you? I feel it's a fairly impactful album, dare I say a landmark in modern tech/prog death.

It's not that it was a bad album for me ( it kicks major ass!) but originally I listened to harvest wombs it was just a casual listen and nothing really hooked me if that makes sense and when I finally really sat down and listened to the music (which was when they released the nomadic ep and the song was the dead sea) I really liked what I heard and thought it was amazing.

Also just for me usually whatever I hear first from an artist is what I end up really liking and taking to heart and I felt like when I listened to the nomadic ep that is when I really first discovered the band.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
I think they're pretty ....in awesome. Listening to Nomadic as I type this.

Derek Ageless

Reaction score
I just saw Fallujah last night and they were super impressive. The Nomadic ep made me a fan of their band, and subsequently I got into the Harvest Wombs album. They are all very clean players and definitely execute the material beautifully in a live setting.

As far as gear, the lead guitar player was using a Peavey 5150 ii head. For effects, he was using a G major. I didn't get a chance to ask him if he was boosting the head, or had any mods done.

They run their samples/backing track with logic and the lead guitar player also uses logic to trigger all his effects throughout the set. No stomp boxes or floor units to mess with. He had total freedom to just shred, windmill, and generally dominate...which he did.