Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
I have a question. How are the EMG pickups in the H/0 series?

I'm looking at a H/0 7 string, and I love EMGs. But how is it working with putting an angled pickup in there? It there any compromise if you use a blade magnet like an 81? I assume it isn't a problem, but I'm curious.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiqueRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just seen on FB that I think Aqua may be available as a Raw colour soon!
What I really want to see is a more yellowish green instead of the one they currently have. For example, a radioactive neon yellow-green like this:

Or a Lambo green like this:

I like these types of green way more than the more reddish green they currently use for the RAW finish.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
^ Yeah they'd be really cool additions.

I'm torn whether to try and change my recent H/0 order from seafoam to aqua. But then again I know now what colour I'd get for a 2nd so may just leave my current order as is

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
I'm planning to send in my order this week, but I'm still trying to figure out which pickups to put in it. I put a thread in the Pickup&tech section, but it isn't really picking up (lame pun intended).

I tried an 070s with Lundgren M7, which were great really, but I am contemplating BKP alternatives, like a Juggernaut set. I'm looking for bright and aggressive pickups, capable of cleans, and preferably a fat percussive sound in the neck position. I'm asking here, since here's where the Aristides kids who know what a pickup sounds like in Arium are at.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Here's a weird one - rainbow sparkle with blood splatter, but the sparkles are on top of the splatter:

280711197_10104286175816522_156292714794117891_n.jpg

280728152_10104286175776602_4370316054455438516_n.jpg

Not my thing, it seems like Aristides orders are really just always different for the sake of being different. I think it accidentally created an interesting effect by making the blood look clumpy, and therefore realistic, but if you can see the rainbow then that is kind of ruined. But I'm impressed with the splatter effect. If anyone follows jeffs metal axes or whatever insta, he is always showing a white CS jackson warrior, and the splatter on that one looks downright childish compared to what Aristides did here.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Here's a weird one - rainbow sparkle with blood splatter, but the sparkles are on top of the splatter:

280711197_10104286175816522_156292714794117891_n.jpg

280728152_10104286175776602_4370316054455438516_n.jpg

Not my thing, it seems like Aristides orders are really just always different for the sake of being different. I think it accidentally created an interesting effect by making the blood look clumpy, and therefore realistic, but if you can see the rainbow then that is kind of ruined. But I'm impressed with the splatter effect. If anyone follows jeffs metal axes or whatever insta, he is always showing a white CS jackson warrior, and the splatter on that one looks downright childish compared to what Aristides did here.
spongebrick at esp does the best splatters imo This is pretty damn good too. They nailed how blood moves directionally

narad

Reaction score
spongebrick at esp does the best splatters imo This is pretty damn good too. They nailed how blood moves directionally

I like his but I think the Aristides might top it. Looks like some 300-style splatter. But yea, I reached out to spongebrick about refinishing one of my horizons, never got back to me, hope it works out maybe some day. I love those galaxy finishes. If anyone can hook us up, let me know.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I love unicorn splatter. I have 2 blood splatters on the way.

070 black with gold blood nicknamed gucci murder scene
070 neon pink with neon multicolored splatter and rainbow pickups no nickname yet

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
I like his but I think the Aristides might top it. Looks like some 300-style splatter.
A 300-style splatter where Xerxes walked his giant bedazzled body over to the victim and shook sparkles all over the guitar :lol:

It does look good, though.

narad

Reaction score
A 300-style splatter where Xerxes walked his giant bedazzled body over to the victim and shook sparkles all over the guitar :lol:

It does look good, though.

Ha, has to be gold sparkle then! But gold splatter on black should be really cool. Would love to do a guitar in a more Japanese gold leaf style:

japanese-background-gold-splashes-on-600w-2087489341.jpg

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I love the gold on black splatter look, the blood splatter thing is not my thing.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
Ha, has to be gold sparkle then! But gold splatter on black should be really cool. Would love to do a guitar in a more Japanese gold leaf style:

There's a fantastic auction house and a world-class museum near me, both of which helped cultivate my girlfriend's interest in Japanese lacquer and metalwork over the last couple years. Until she took an interest in it, I never fully appreciated the richness of Japanese decorative design. If you just look at inro as one example, there's probably thousands of ideas that could be adapted to guitars without them being too over-the-top, yet objects such as those are a surprisingly rare source of inspiration even for the Japanese guitar manufacturers.

Ibanez did those two J Custom guitars and I'm sure ESP has done some cool stuff over the years. Usually ESP opts for woodcut-style graphics instead. Still, it's just skimming the surface of what's out there. Authentic lacquer work is painstaking and too labor-intensive to produce at scale, but where finishes have gotten better over the last decade or so to the point where a decent substitute could probably be made, it'd be cool to see a smaller shop tackle it.

As you say, a black/gold finish could be really cool and it'd be relatively easy to adapt. EBMM has done some sparkle finishes recently that, if colour-swapped and used as a starting point for further tweaks, you can really start to see the potential. The splatter idea is great as well.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
There's a fantastic auction house and a world-class museum near me, both of which helped cultivate my girlfriend's interest in Japanese lacquer and metalwork over the last couple years. Until she took an interest in it, I never fully appreciated the richness of Japanese decorative design. If you just look at inro as one example, there's probably thousands of ideas that could be adapted to guitars without them being too over-the-top, yet objects such as those are a surprisingly rare source of inspiration even for the Japanese guitar manufacturers.

Ibanez did those two J Custom guitars and I'm sure ESP has done some cool stuff over the years. Usually ESP opts for woodcut-style graphics instead. Still, it's just skimming the surface of what's out there. Authentic lacquer work is painstaking and too labor-intensive to produce at scale, but where finishes have gotten better over the last decade or so to the point where a decent substitute could probably be made, it'd be cool to see a smaller shop tackle it.

As you say, a black/gold finish could be really cool and it'd be relatively easy to adapt. EBMM has done some sparkle finishes recently that, if colour-swapped and used as a starting point for further tweaks, you can really start to see the potential. The splatter idea is great as well.

Stilblu made this one off Iris using urushi lacquer work and raden inlay work on the pickguard.

Musiscience

Reaction score
nobody does matte sparkles. Defeats the whole point of sparkles. Matte metallic is a thing though
EBMM did it with their Starry Night PDN on the Majesty. Didn’t look great.

Edit: here’s a pic. 45486B4A-6BB0-4660-8AF3-5405D3A54FC3.jpeg

Edit 2: gloss JP of the same run:
326945E7-6C25-4066-9055-AACD6FF32118.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: CW7

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
I have a question. How are the EMG pickups in the H/0 series?

I'm looking at a H/0 7 string, and I love EMGs. But how is it working with putting an angled pickup in there? It there any compromise if you use a blade magnet like an 81? I assume it isn't a problem, but I'm curious.
With blade magnets the angle of the pickup doesn't matter.