Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

robotwithhumanhair22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Please do a NGD for this!

Still debating between raw and painted for mine.
All depends on your budget and choice of texture. The guitar they're building for me is an H/07R in Lilac for a couple of different reasons; I have a pretty limited budget (saving for a house with wife) but I also have had a preference for non-gloss guitars. I find satin/raw finishes to be a little more resonant but YMMV.

tl;dr - up to you! Either way it'll still be a killer guitar.

Musiscience

Reaction score
I wish I could have a better idea of the raw finish texture. The sanding grooves seems to be pretty pronounced in some pictures. Those of you that have one, is there anything else you can compare it to?

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
I wish I could have a better idea of the raw finish texture. The sanding grooves seems to be pretty pronounced in some pictures. Those of you that have one, is there anything else you can compare it to?
It's basically just a much better matte finish, it's more akin to an oiled wood neck in how fast it is while being more consistent. You don't notice the feel of the texture much as it's under a graffiti resistant coating. Having had painted builds and raw builds I don't think I'll ever go back to painted with how much I love the feel of raw.

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not really sure what you could compare it to. But I can tell you, it leaves nothing to be desired.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, this actually sounds really nice. Definitely leaning towards raw, plus the anthracite finish with orange inlays would look really cool.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score

Own any modern knives with G10 handles?

The Raw finish reminds me quite a bit of a less grippy, but not polished G10. And considering the outer skin is layers of carbon fiber and glass fiber sheets in what seems to be epoxy, the comparison is apt.

I ADORE the feel of the neck. You can feel the lines slightly, but they do not grip you or slow you down. I actually prefer this over my satin poly finished neck and it’s thrown me for a loop somewhat because it makes me want another Raw finish instead of the crazy awesome painted finishes they do.

It’s kind of odd and hard to describe. The surface feel of my 080 kind of reminds me of unfinished/smoothed stone or ceramic tiles. Just not inherently cold.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
More information, please!
If I am correct here, this is referencing the fact that Javier Reyes is working on an 8 string strat with LTD to release based on his ESP custom shop, which features 3 single coil, strat-esque pickups, with Javier tagging Fishman in the social media shoot. Unless between then and now they have confirmed them,We can only assume that the new pickups are from Fishman, 8 string single coils.

Mitri

Meat Tree.
Reaction score
If I am correct here, this is referencing the fact that Javier Reyes is working on an 8 string strat with LTD to release based on his ESP custom shop, which features 3 single coil, strat-esque pickups, with Javier tagging Fishman in the social media shoot. Unless between then and now they have confirmed them,We can only assume that the new pickups are from Fishman, 8 string single coils.
Understood. Thank you!

Now, I hope that they are not only released but will also fit /work with my 8-string multiscale strat! Regardless, this development reads like news to me.

webs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The new hantug bridge saddles with ball end retention are out: https://www.ebay.com/itm/195089823224

Hopefully this means we’ll see a version for the h/0 soon.
I am surprised that they weren't like this from the beginning. I always wondered why neither end of the system took advantage of the ball and actively made it less convenient to string for no obvious benefit. Some gauges don't even work for the H/0 because they taper in a way that disagrees with the core-fold technique you're supposed to do.

I'll grumble mildly while forking over many hundreds of dollars for a set of 8 titanium ones the instant they're available.

webs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I do feel the need to point out that this isn't a headless bridge and is designed quite different from their headless hardware.
I think that was the point of the post: headless saddles with ball retention have been anticipated for a bit, so the hope is that a headless version is close behind these non-headless ones.

Hold on, how does the H/0 bridge work if it's not retaining the ballend?
A set screw which grips the string in place, just like at the head. The instructions are to fold a few mm of the string back on itself (and in the case of the wound strings, just the core, i.e. you use what is usually the headstock end of the string with the core clipped and folded over) to give it some more grip. You are probably asking "why?" and the answer is I don't know either. It works fine, but...why.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Look at this fucking thing…!

I fell in love with the Raw series, but I am DEFINITELY wanting something like this.

Attachments

• 7834029C-B734-4662-B5EB-D140CCD77469.jpeg
    7834029C-B734-4662-B5EB-D140CCD77469.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 5D36373E-3B2C-4753-9C91-5BC11C7A0E0C.jpeg
    5D36373E-3B2C-4753-9C91-5BC11C7A0E0C.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 6D569F5C-4984-44F8-B7B1-BA6BA0B7793C.jpeg
    6D569F5C-4984-44F8-B7B1-BA6BA0B7793C.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 46508524-45BD-40A8-AD39-7970CE2B89C1.jpeg
    46508524-45BD-40A8-AD39-7970CE2B89C1.jpeg
    367.4 KB · Views: 81

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Look at this fucking thing…!

I fell in love with the Raw series, but I am DEFINITELY wanting something like this.

haven't decided if I wanna shell out for a balaguer, save up hardcore for an Aristides when I graduate, or just settle for a WR7/ SC608

this makes it harder but I just am not good enough to justify saving up for my dream H/08 or 070