Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hjmp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn.. hearing that the BKP Polymaths compliment the Aristides sound makes me want those even more..

I have Lundgren Black Heavens in my H/08r and though they are good pickups, I feel like the combo with Arium makes them fairly bass heavy and also the variations in tones from neck/bridge/split aren't very significant like they are in my other guitars.
I have always wondered how this would sound with the Polymaths..
I haven’t heard that, but now I’m happy I went with Polymaths.

Will let you know… In a year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromeda02

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have anyone ever achieved good results except for chugging metal scenes?I searched for jazz and among the few posts there are one complaining about too much sustain. Will a pickup change make it more capable for jazz cleans in some way? Gonna stretch my hands on a 080 with original BKPs and I’m curious about versatility of these guitars

Flynn Edwards

Reaction score
Have anyone ever achieved good results except for chugging metal scenes?I searched for jazz and among the few posts there are one complaining about too much sustain. Will a pickup change make it more capable for jazz cleans in some way? Gonna stretch my hands on a 080 with original BKPs and I’m curious about versatility of these guitars
I haven't specifically seen jazz guitarists play an Aristides, and I'm not particular enough about jazz tone to know if what I'm playing is 'authentic'. However, you'll see plenty of progressive metal guitarists play Aristides and you can somewhat get an idea of what a clean tone sounds like through one. I can't think of specific examples at the moment, but just have a look around in the soft prog space (Plini sort of stuff).
Actually, there's a video of Tosin comparing his old 080 with BKP pups with his Abasi pickups. There are a few clean tones played.

Reet

Reaction score
Has anyone heard when the v2 saddles will be released for the headless bois? The only real bitch i have about mine is cutting the ball end off and bending the strings and all that. Not a huge deal for sure but it is annoying.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Has anyone heard when the v2 saddles will be released for the headless bois? The only real bitch i have about mine is cutting the ball end off and bending the strings and all that. Not a huge deal for sure but it is annoying.
I've been to the factory on May 19th to pick up my first build (I promise pics will follow, it's epic). I also had the chance to see my second build, a H/08. Its nearly finished and Pascal confirmed that it will have the new saddles.

fookite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Based on the pictures above, it looks like mine still has the old saddles.

fookite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Showed up on Friday. Very glad I had the foresight to order the objectively best color. Very happy with how low-key the inlays ended up looking with the MOP on fake maple.

Still need to learn how to play a 7 string, but I feel substantially less lost after just a couple of hours so far. First multiscale guitar too and I love it.

Not sure how I feel about the Lundgrens yet. Awesome for the chug, for sure, not sure about the weedily-dee stuff though. Haven't worked on dialing in my amp at all, though, so I'm sure I can get better. If not, I might try the Polymaths some other people in this thread have suggested.

So far, I'm beyond satisfied.

Attachments

• 20230604_065419.jpg
    20230604_065419.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 63

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Showed up on Friday. Very glad I had the foresight to order the objectively best color. Very happy with how low-key the inlays ended up looking with the MOP on fake maple.

Still need to learn how to play a 7 string, but I feel substantially less lost after just a couple of hours so far. First multiscale guitar too and I love it.

Not sure how I feel about the Lundgrens yet. Awesome for the chug, for sure, not sure about the weedily-dee stuff though. Haven't worked on dialing in my amp at all, though, so I'm sure I can get better. If not, I might try the Polymaths some other people in this thread have suggested.

So far, I'm beyond satisfied.
What lundgrens?

fookite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The only thing I know is that they are much hotter than what I'm used to so I had to wind my gain knob down a ton. Gonna be a while before I can make a good call on the pickups.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
I found the M7 bridge can be a bit shrill. Haven't tried the Black Heaven. If you find them too hot, you could also try lowering the pickups, further away from the strings.

fookite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm totally not the dude to take pickup recommendations from. My playing is 95% though a patch on Helix Native that sounds good enough to not annoy me and when I record and care what I sound like, I reamp and screw around until I'm happy. I won't be recording with this one until I figure out how to play it.

In other news, this is a fantastic guitar. I had this plan in my head for my next guitar, a super strat with a NFT Floyd and roller nut, H / S pickups with like a Sustainiac or something, but I'm now sort of craving a matching pink T/0R, like this but in regular pink:

Reet

Reaction score
I really like the black heavens in my headless. If i had one complaint at all it would be that the bridge has a touch more lowend than i normally like. I love the neck and i personally really think they both split well. I just got a 070 with the Pegasus and Sentient and much prefer the black heavens.

Latest posts