Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Well the Evertune itself is a very stable bridge so there's that. I suppose it will also be able to correct unvoluntary bending.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score

... and that's what I suspected, you're just being rude. Have you experience in the subject with which you can contribute constructively, with functional information and hands on experience on how a fretless guitar works and plays? Yeah, doesn't look like so... "ignorance is a bliss", right?

:::::::::::::::::::::

Back on topic and regarding the EVERTUNE bridge with a fretless instrument. It's my opinion an overkill option and won't bring any practical benefit to the play. To be honest, the Evertune system never appealed much to me and even less on a fretless guitar, but I can understand anyone who finds it functional and useful. It will works as expected, but it won't solve the note precision problem that all fretless instruments inherently have, that's the player's choice/experience.

RobDobble6S7

Professional shit talker
Reaction score
... and that's what I suspected, you're just being rude. Have you experience in the subject with which you can contribute constructively, with functional information and hands on experience on how a fretless guitar works and plays? Yeah, doesn't look like so... "ignorance is a bliss", right?

:::::::::::::::::::::

Back on topic and regarding the EVERTUNE bridge with a fretless instrument. It's my opinion an overkill option and won't bring any practical benefit to the play. To be honest, the Evertune system never appealed much to me and even less on a fretless guitar, but I can understand anyone who finds it functional and useful. It will works as expected, but it won't solve the note precision problem that all fretless instruments inherently have, that's the player's choice/experience.
I do not believe the user was intending to be rude, my friend, simply cracking a "joke", could you believe?

Reaction score
I do not believe the user was intending to be rude, my friend, simply cracking a "joke", could you believe?

Yeah, I can believe that, problem is that when people use unexpected and out of place jokes sometimes are understood as jerks. Saying "it was just a joke" in the aftermath is the same as not owning the consequences off a thrown rock. The damage is done. Personally, I couldn't care less, but it's a habit and a language problem many people have that needs to be addressed... it's from these habits that problems like sexual harassment, racial and xenophobic mentalities arise. It's a joke here, a "just saying there" and it's adding to a feel of undeserved and hollow "ownership of the truth" that leads to excess over the other, of being disrespectful and a bully... or not...

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Yeah, I can believe that, problem is that when people use unexpected and out of place jokes sometimes are understood as jerks. Saying "it was just a joke" in the aftermath is the same as not owning the consequences off a thrown rock. The damage is done. Personally, I couldn't care less, but it's a habit and a language problem many people have that needs to be addressed... it's from these habits that problems like sexual harassment, racial and xenophobic mentalities arise. It's a joke here, a "just saying there" and it's adding to a feel of undeserved and hollow "ownership of the truth" that leads to excess over the other, of being disrespectful and a bully... or not...

A Simpsons joke about insect overlords led to "it's from these habits that problems like sexual harassment, racial and xenophobic mentalities arise." I just want to point out that you are the problem, not the joke.

webs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What's everyone using for strings on their H/08s? I got a set of Stringjoy but the biggest gauge is slightly problematic - it's an 80 but steps down to a 60 about 6 inches from the transition to the plain core. I can't do the 7mm fold-over thing with the plain core in the saddle, unless I unwrap a lot of the windings which I don't feel is a great solution.

My instinct is to cut the ball loop off and use that end in the saddle. I noticed the plain strings were done that way from the factory. Does anyone have a better idea? Alternatively, what brand of 80+ gauges are people using? Which brands go straight from the proper gauge to the plain core, to avoid this issue?

To own up to my own stupidity, I didn't notice until I already had the string in and trimmed at the headstock. Whoops. Now it's a 60 from the saddle to the fretboard until I replace it properly.

77zark77

Reaction score
Are the side-dots showing part of the fret locations or are they located like a fretted fretboard ?

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No problem! Push/pull is no additional charge with our 3-way switching and it gives you Bridge Outer, Bridge Outer + Neck Outer, Neck Outer.
Is the bridge outer and neck outer hum cancelling by default? Or would that require a magnet flip?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
That is a finish worth getting an Aristides over:

I think the black hardware/pups don't go too well with it, would have preferred chrome/white, personally, but hot damn. That's a finish.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I think the black hardware/pups don't go too well with it, would have preferred chrome/white, personally, but hot damn. That's a finish.

I think it's the black that gets me. Pink + black has always been cool but with the yellow yea, it'd be cool to see it in motion or something.

jayarpeggios

Reaction score
I just got my first build update with a few photos:

View attachment 103266

I'm going to get a custom set of string gauges from Stringjoy and ship to them for the setup later.

Does anyone know roughly how long after this stage until the next update? I got of this stage of my build in November but nothing since. I don't want to be the type that emails them asking for a build update haha. I'm just getting excited and I also want to but another order in for a 6 string ASAP, but wanting to get my hands on my first Aristides build before ordering the next one lol. (I ordered raw headless at the end of June I think)