Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score

Reet

Reaction score

riverrat13

Reaction score
Wondering if any 8 string owners have put a real fat low E string on the bottom and if they are finding the neck to hold up ok without warping. My current 8 string Ormsby neck is warping on the bass side due to the tension of my the heavy string and I'm thinking of upgrading..

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MSS

Reaction score
What radius is available other than the 12 to 16 and do I just put that in the comments section when ordering?

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Have anyone ever achieved good results except for chugging metal scenes?I searched for jazz and among the few posts there are one complaining about too much sustain. Will a pickup change make it more capable for jazz cleans in some way? Gonna stretch my hands on a 080 with original BKPs and I’m curious about versatility of these guitars
A workable jazz tone is easy to achieve on any guitar. If pickup too hot, play with the pickup height, dial down the volume knob. Dialing down the tone knob and/or amp settings help a great deal, choice of amp model helps as well. Finally, put some flats on, night and day difference, even on a jazz box.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Wondering if any 8 string owners have put a real fat low E string on the bottom and if they are finding the neck to hold up ok without warping. My current 8 string Ormsby neck is warping on the bass side due to the tension of my the heavy string and I'm thinking of upgrading..

Is your Ormsby a hand made one or a production Far East model?

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
For instance could the neck cope with an 11-90 string gauge combination and hold its flatness on both sides?
I'd input your gauges into a tension calculator and see how even it looks compared to a more typical set.

A guitar neck just needs to be flexible to an extent so that the rod can adjust the relief. If the tension is vastly uneven, you might need something that uses two rods to adjust the twist out, which I doubt Aristides does.

riverrat13

Reaction score
I'd input your gauges into a tension calculator and see how even it looks compared to a more typical set.

A guitar neck just needs to be flexible to an extent so that the rod can adjust the relief. If the tension is vastly uneven, you might need something that uses two rods to adjust the twist out, which I doubt Aristides does.
That makes a ton of sense thanks.

hjmp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Aristides just announced a tremolo for their multi scale no no headless guitars.

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some other details: not double locking, so more like the hipshot contour, price is 190 euros.