Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Isn't a company named BAD WOLF Ruf also doing high dollar tonal tupperware? Either way, it's definitely a slim part of the market for sure.

Edit: I am dumb.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
Isn't a company named BAD WOLF Ruf also doing high dollar tonal tupperware? Either way, it's definitely a slim part of the market for sure.

Edit: I am dumb.
yeah RuF, I am curious about them just because they seem like a possible idk "rival" for Aristides, i'd love to just compare the two head on. and they actually have a V lol

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
yeah RuF, I am curious about them just because they seem like a possible idk "rival" for Aristides, i'd love to just compare the two head on. and they actually have a V lol
I don't think they can rival Aristides anytime soon. A bunch of guys on fb tried them and said they were meh. Plus their finishes look rough.

jco5055

Reaction score
I don't think they can rival Aristides anytime soon. A bunch of guys on fb tried them and said they were meh. Plus their finishes look rough.
was that on the MG facebook group? or maybe aristides group? I know a guy I hung out with (he's a member here) said they weren't as nice as Aristides when he tried them at NAMM, but the more opinions the better.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
was that on the MG facebook group? or maybe aristides group? I know a guy I hung out with (he's a member here) said they weren't as nice as Aristides when he tried them at NAMM, but the more opinions the better.
I know at least a couple guys in the aristides group and i think chug life said that the RUF guitars were well... rough.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but I kinda feel that Aristides popularity peaked somewhere around 2019-21 or so where it was like THE brand for "modern" guitar enthusiasts. It seems to not be that anymore (I mean look at the frequency this thread gets a new post), but I can't really think of a replacement. Does anybody think a certain brand is the new Aristides in terms of hype etc? I know Strandberg has been popular forever, but I feel like most at this point see the 'ergonomics' are a bit overstated and the Indo build quality prevents it from being labeled like endgame guitars....it honestly seems like maybe it's spread out over a few brands at this point.

The hype cycle seems kind of quiet the last handful of years. It's been refreshing.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
The same thing happened with Mayones a few years earlier. They weren't super well known and were hard to get in North America, and folks like Misha playing them drove a lot of hype. Now that they're pretty easy to come by (if you've got the cash) they're not the lead car in the hype train anymore.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
marketing mumbo jumbo only ends when you stop buying guitars lol
Had not heard of these, seems like a cool concept materials-wise compared to Aristides. Not sure where the marketing mumbo-jumbo ends and the meaningful stuff begins though.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
The same thing happened with Mayones a few years earlier. They weren't super well known and were hard to get in North America, and folks like Misha playing them drove a lot of hype. Now that they're pretty easy to come by (if you've got the cash) they're not the lead car in the hype train anymore.
Yeah, then Misha settled with Jackson, and Tosin with his own guitars, Javier with ESP, Nolly plays... with knobs, and everyone else - including YouTubers - seem to have settled on something (*cough* Kiesel *cough*), so I don't think there are as many figures as prominent as those guys used to be pushing and driving the hype. There's also just a lot more competition now.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Apparently Aristides has all the work they can handle these days. I wouldn't worry about them.

400$ to upgrade from satin to gloss finish...

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Aristedes are cool I guess, but why can’t we get a Parker revival? I almost spent way too much on this at a local guitar show on Saturday.
Probably because Washburn/Jam industries has done jack shit with the Parker brand (or any brand they own) in like 15 years.
Washburn is on life support, Randall is effectively dead, Parker is dead, Hamer is basically dead, Oscar Schmidt only survives because they make entry level garbage.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Probably because Washburn/Jam industries has done jack shit with the Parker brand (or any brand they own) in like 15 years.
Washburn is on life support, Randall is effectively dead, Parker is dead, Hamer is basically dead, Oscar Schmidt only survives because they make entry level garbage.
That's venture capitalism baby!

oracles

Reaction score
Aristedes are cool I guess, but why can’t we get a Parker revival? I almost spent way too much on this at a local guitar show on Saturday.
Restarting Parker would be extremely expensive, and the price you'd have to sell them at to break even would keep all but the diehards away, and then Parker goes under again. It's just not financially viable.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Restarting Parker would be extremely expensive, and the price you'd have to sell them at to break even would keep all but the diehards away, and then Parker goes under again. It's just not financially viable.

Yea, what did Ken say?

“We were building ten-thousand-dollar guitars for twenty-five hundred."

That said, those were experimental materials at the time. Production techniques are much improved by 4 decades of innovation. I just don't want Aristides to do it, so I don't have to put up some Thundercats themed Fly.

Musiscience

Reaction score
That's the sad part unfortunately, I'm still really bummed that things went that way for Parker. They were such innovative and unique instruments, both visually and in construction. Such a shame.

License them to Aristides to make!
If that would happen, I'd pre-order day 1 no question. A Parker made out of Arium would be incredibly cool. It's highly unlikely for so many reasons, but one can dream.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So if I was ordering an 8 string MS with the best trem for fluttering, should I go aristides/hantug or Kiesel/Hipshot? Wondering if any aristides owners have compared both.

Also have option for headstock with the Kiesel, no idea how headless vs headstock affects trem functionality or if it even does

Latest posts