Assassination attempt on former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Do I think it's likely? Not at all. But knowing nothing else about the killer's motivations, someone wanting Japan to be less of a military force in the Asia-Pacific would be a pretty obvious jumping out point.

Yea, I guess my point is that assassinating Abe doesn't accomplish that.

But yea, to the killer's motivations, there's something called the church of unification which is a kind of cult religion. I think they are generally based in Korea, but they have large mass weddings where the head guy just goes and picks two people and they get married -- I actually dated a girl once who was the product of one of these marriages (back in the UK). This organization is basically responsible for the killer's family to lose all their money because his mom got a bit into it after her dad died, and may have just voluntarily given everything to them. Then the guy's brother suffered mental issues and killed himself. So he decides to kill the head of the church, but he has too much security and he can't get to him. So it's at that point he switches targets to Abe because the organization is sort of rumored to be in bed with the conservative party, and especially Abe's parents/grandparents. This is currently what's being reported in domestic outlets.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.