Awesome Jackson KING V 7 Custom Shop !!! ( 56k friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daybean

Contributor
Reaction score
$7,700 USD? Wow, sucks to be that guy. One could get 3-4 customs from someone else for that money. Or 8 Carvins :lol:

Nice guitar though.

yeah me too. but if thats what he wants... i have gas to order a couple custom 7 strings after i sell my jackson sl1, but who, there is a lot of custom shops?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
but who, there is a lot of custom shops?

KxK, Mike Sherman, and Bernie Rico Jr. spring to mind right away. supposedly B.C. Rich's custom shop is still fairly reasonable price wise from what i hear.

even if i had crazy amounts of money to throw around, i still wouldn't go with Jackson. their glory days are long gone imo. the small builders i mentioned seem to be every bit as good as Jackson were in their prime :agreed:.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
but who, there is a lot of custom shops?

Yeah there's several custom shops that will make a superb custom guitar for a fraction of that price/wait time. Michael Sherman, Bernie Rico Jr, Illustrated, Oni, ESP, Ran, KxK, etc. I personally use and adore Rico Jr custom 7s, but you can't go wrong with any of the options above.

Even Carvin if you really want to save money. I found my old Carvin DC747 was right up there with some of the more 'legit' custom shop guitars. Your options are somewhat limited, but they're terrific guitars.

daybean

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah ive been looking around alot...just to much $, i never want to spend a grand on a guitar, because when i play it, i have that feeling "oh, something is going to happen to it".
Then i cant paly it, 700 is about the right price.

daybean

Contributor
Reaction score
ive been looking at warmoth pages and they look cool and about right, what do u think?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
yeah ive been looking around alot...just to much $, i never want to spend a grand on a guitar, because when i play it, i have that feeling "oh, something is going to happen to it".
Then i cant paly it, 700 is about the right price.

In that case I recommend getting a Carvin. Even the 'stock' specs are awesome and you can take it home for around $900. Or you can find them used on eBay for obscene amounts. Honestly in terms of quality I think they easily are $2000 guitars.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
KxK, Mike Sherman, and Bernie Rico Jr. spring to mind right away. supposedly B.C. Rich's custom shop is still fairly reasonable price wise from what i hear.

even if i had crazy amounts of money to throw around, i still wouldn't go with Jackson. their glory days are long gone imo. the small builders i mentioned seem to be every bit as good as Jackson were in their prime :agreed:.

Jackson still makes quality instruments - and the USA production line isn't overly expensive for what they are - but the CS prices are ridiculous. I should have bought another CS 7 string in 2004 when I considered it, since I won't be buying one now, barring a full-cost endorsement or a lottery win. :lol:

However, I have to give Fender credit - people are still paying it.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
gorgeous guitar, but no f-in way

how cool would it be to place an order for 4 different KxKs at one time? that would be bad-ass

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of KVs, as well as Sevens, but I hate the Reverse Jackson HS with a passion. you'd need the KV2T/SLSMG headstock for that guitar to be truly righteous. That, and a Kahler, but that's just me.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
gorgeous guitar, but no f-in way

how cool would it be to place an order for 4 different KxKs at one time? that would be bad-ass

:agreed:

and you'd most likely have 4 guitars that are on the same level or superior to that 1 Jackson

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
... the neck is too short. :ugh:

But the top and finish are awesome... cool inlays, too! :lol:

WAY too fucking much money. I don't care if I sat down next to the guy while he made it and commented over his shoulder, I'm still not paying that much!

Status
Not open for further replies.