Bands That Fell Off Hard

• Thread starter FeedMeWithColours
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Millions of Lady Gaga fans, too....

Simply because you don't like them or their genre, does not mean they aren't music or untalented.

This thread is for you : http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/off-topic/222125-djent-hipsters.html

Selling records is not everything.

For example in the video game world COD sells the most in terms of a console shooter but they have used the same formula since COD 4, they never make improvements and if they do its small improvements to the formula not true changes to the game mechanics.

So what I mean is just because people buy Metallica albums that does not mean that everyone liked it they bought it for lack of a better word out of hype.

Bands dont make diamond records when they suck...

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Okay.

Except I never said anyone sucked.

I said record sales aren't everything.

I agree with you that linkin park has fallen off the earth, and it seems like you are saying that a lot of bands are putting out bullshit simply because they can and people buy it simply because they LIKE the band, not because its a good album.

Im more speaking to artdecade who is clearly bashing bands he simply doesn't like, me and you agree for the most part.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
bob chill and can the personal attacks or you're gone for a while... he expressed an opinion without being insulting

That said personally I liked Hybrid Theory :lol:

Queensryche comes immediately to mind and I say that as somebody who was a huge fan for a long time.

FeedMeWithColours

Reaction score
I agree with you that linkin park has fallen off the earth, and it seems like you are saying that a lot of bands are putting out bullshit simply because they can and people buy it simply because they LIKE the band, not because its a good album.

Im more speaking to artdecade who is clearly bashing bands he simply doesn't like, me and you agree for the most part.

Got ya.

But again he said nothing that would bash them.

You got a negative connotation from some text on a page.

I can see where you are coming from though.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
KORN! They turned to shit after Head left! But Head will be playing live with them sometime this year, I HOPE HE JOINS FULL TIME AGAIN THAT WOULD BE SO SICK!!:hbang:

Understandable, but Ive always got to stick up for Korn cause they are one of my favorite bands ever and I like all of their work. I totally hope Head contributes heavily to the next Korn album cause Id love to hear a new album like "self titled", "life is peachy" or "take a look in the mirror". I fuckin absolutely love "see you on the other side" and "untitled" though, as well as the last two albums. The new one is sick! IMO of course

Theres really two ways to perceive the point of this thread. Are we talking about bands that musically starting putting out albums that werent as good? Then according to whom? Or are we talking about album sales and relevance?

7JxN7

Reaction score
Metallica, The Offspring, Slipknot, Sepultura (since max left). I know people will disagree, but there's 4 bands off the top of my head that that IMHO changed for the worse.

piggins411

Reaction score
I think LP's A Thousand Suns is one of the most interesting records they've done. No Doubt is a band I feel has gotten a lot worse

VacantPlanet

Reaction score
In my opinion Pantera bottomed out pretty bad. After Far Beyond Driven, their last two records were full stuff that was just strange and droning. Most of it sounded like musical rambling with a few gems here and there.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
let's queue the music...

to

TBH I love st. anger to death, it just seems the general opinion around here :lol:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion Pantera bottomed out pretty bad. After Far Beyond Driven, their last two records were full stuff that was just strange and droning. Most of it sounded like musical rambling with a few gems here and there.

I better get out of this thread before I start disagreeing with everyone :lol:

Dayn

Reaction score
Stratovarius. Infinite is my favourite album, then the Elements suite was released, which was okay. Then... they completely bombed with their self-titled. Ugh.

I feel bad for the guy, but I'm kinda glad Tolkki is gone. His style... really didn't change much at all over all of the albums. Their latest albums sound a hell of a lot fresher now, yet still sound like Stratovarius.

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
Seriously, nobody thought Minutes To Midnight was fucking awesome? That record is fucking gold!

I understand that people might not be into the new material, because the first 2 albums are classics, but based on that fact the majority of Linkin Park's discography ISN'T Meteroa, or Hybrid Theory, it pisses me off to see people screaming like they've betrayed their fans.

I just don't get why people hate a band who are clearly not scared to experiment, and who like to make music or themselves.

-------------------------------------------
Anywho...

A band who really have fallen off it now, for me at least: All That Remains.
The material has been getting dumber and dumber with each alum (For We Are Many permitted, that was their best), and the most recent one (A War You Cannot Win) was just so bad. Not even Oli's guitar work saved that album. I forsee a band that will more than likely fall through the drain any time soon.