Bands That Have A Huge Live Sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Have to say I was a little underwhelmed by Periphery's live sound when I saw them live.
The other support band (Maylene and the Sons of Disaster) and the headliner, The Dillinger Escape Plan both sounded way clearer and more defined than Periphery.
It was a shame, because Periphery put on a very good performance and played perfectly, but I think had they chosen to go direct to FOH with their Axe FX rather than using mic'd up cabs, it would have sounded clearer, because the 3 guitars on stage just made it sound a little mushy at times.

That must've been the first tour with Fear Factory where Misha and Alex were still using their Invaders. Jake was the only one using an Axe-Fx. I loved every bit of it. Im sure that all of them direct with Axe-Fx's would be EVEN more amazing :D

I agree completely with this. Did you see them and the house of blues at disney with Fear Factory? Their sound was the best there. Thats saying something considering Fear Factory is probably one o the tightest playing bands out there.

I saw tool and meshuggah when they were on tour together. Carey and Haake played an encore together. The most amazing display of drums I have ever seen.

I saw them in ft lauderdale at the culture room. Im sure they were every bit as amazing there too. I hope I get to go see them December 7th in tampa with Veil of Maya and Darkest Hour :shred:.

british beef

Reaction score
its a toss up between oceansize, tesseract, misery signals and gojira for me. I get to experience periphery and Devy early next year so that list may be added to :D