Best concert....

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Meshuggah on their latest American tour. I was in the front of the crowd and it was amazing. However, I felt scared for my life during majority of it because I was being crushed from the massive pit behind me :lol: Regardless....best hour and 45 minutes of my life and most solid live performance I have ever seen. Cannot wait to do it all again on February 15th!!!

Second place goes to Opeth and Mastodon (from their co-headliner)

Third place goes to TesseracT with Elliot Coleman on vocals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Third place goes to TesseracT with Elliot Coleman on vocals.

That would have made my list as they played with AAL but the sound sucked at the venue :( Tesseract started out awesome and crystal clear but the dipshit running sound kept turning it up louder and louder and by the last couple of songs you couldn't hear shit as the PA was distorting

The_Mop

Want to make $60?
Reaction score
Without a doubt, one of the 5 times I've seen Nine Inch Nails. Hard to pick a best one amongst them, though.

parksed24

Reaction score
August Burns Red put on seriously awesome show when I caught them at Warped a couple years ago.

Reaction score
Actually the best show I ever saw was with my dad, we went to see was vadimvon and grave open for dark funeral, it was pretty funny to see my dads reaction to when he saw dark funeral in there costumes and corpse paint, morbid angel was supposed to be the headliner but they got caught at customs, still an amazing show all around.

sleightest

Reaction score
Reverend Horton Heat. They know how to entertain a crowd. Also the drunkest night of my life.

piggins411

Reaction score
Give them all the shit you want, but I've yet to see a band that could top the Green Day show I saw a few years back. BTBAM was really great too

teamSKDM

Reaction score
The chariot is the craziest Live band.
However my favorite performances Ive seen are born Osiris, btbam , periphery, and veil if Maya. And maybe unearth. I didn't listen to em much when I saw em, so I'm sure it would have been more enjoyable , however they put on such a sick show. During the sweeping to my will be done, buzz let me play with his Floyd since I was front row. But my favorite your was discovery tour. Betraying the martyrs, structures, carnifex, veil of Maya, and born of Osiris. I hung out with Aaron marts of betraying the martyrs for like 2 hours in a cafe.

Or idk. Maybe even summer slaughter 2012, that lineup was phenomenal. I saw he faceless, periphery, and veil of Maya which are in my big 5 list of favorite bands. And btbam.

Too many good shows :(

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
Best single band show?

Rammstein. Just an incredible live performance with the pyro and their interaction with the audience. Even if you don't like them, you should really consider checking out their live performances.

Close 2nd is Opeth's 20th anniversary show at the wiltern theater in California. They played the entire Black Water Park album for their 1st set and on the 2nd they played a song from each album in chronological order.

Festival wise?
70k tons of Metal
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ge...6-70-000-tons-metal-final-update-im-back.html

Kiwimetal101

'Tread Lightly'
Reaction score
BTBAM and AAL last year, first time both bands had ever played in NZ...

Both were amazingly tight and humble, and tommy gave me the mic during white walls..:hbang: Me and my mate were on a high for days..

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Either the Circa/BTBAM/Coheed show or God Forbid/As I Lay Dying/Municipal Waste/Lamb of God show

Viginez

Reaction score
deicide/morbid angel/immolation in the mid 90s stand out. very tight.
and always suffo

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Hmmmm...

Ozzy/Metallica '86...

Kiss '77...

Pantera/Prong '90...

Voivod/Faith No More/Soundgarden '90...

Cro Mags/Destruction '89...

Overkill/Slayer '86...

Raven/W.A.S.P./Slayer '87...

Anthrax/Megadeth/Slayer '87...

Motorhead 85-whenever. ..

Adrian Legg '88...

Too many to recall..

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Pantera/Prong '90...

Haha....Snap yo finga snap yo neck! I forgot all about that shit....I saw that one too!:yesway:

soundgarden, Voivod, and faith no more was awesome as too...saw that show as well......ahhhh the good ole days.....:ugh:

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
Few more I forgot...
took my gf to see Caspian about a week after we got together. All the bands put on a great show, the bartender gave us free beers, it was a great night.
Saw Agalloch last year, and it was a fanboy's dream. 2 hour set of material from every album, perfect atmosphere, and energetic as hell too.
Belphegor, Exodus, and Kreator was intense as fuck. Only caught the last two songs by Belphegor, but Kreator and Exodus were amazing. Probably the most violent show I've been to. I found out years later that one of my good friends was at that show too, but I didn't know him at the time. We both have the same shirt from the show though
Red Sparowes and Doomriders was sweet, if somewhat of a strange mix. All the metal kids were trying to mosh during Doomriders, and all the post-bros were like Wtf? They both put on a great show, and I enjoyed the hell out of it

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
I have a 3-way tie: "Clash of the Titans (AIC, Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer)" in ~'91 Hampton Roads, VA and Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper recently in ATL, and "An Evening with Queensryche" where they did the full stage production of both Mindcrime albums