Best inlay ever thread

• Thread starter crowbones
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I think if you have a thread like this you have to start by mentioning Larry Robinson, then about 50 images later you can start to bring in some other guys. He's not well known on these forums since he mostly gets commissioned for high end acoustics, but unbelievably detailed inlays.

[Insert fretboards here.]

One of the only guys that can inlay faces that actually maintain some personality:

And yes, some of his stuff is really gaudy, but customers ask for what they ask for.

These are beautiful but it's gotta be close to this point where it stops being inlay and just becomes a fretboard :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lewk

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but they're on here in an NGD thread. I don't even remember who has that, at this point, but I'll google around tomorrow and if I find something I'll come back in and edit this post....

me :cool:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

Cool! Bored with it yet? I've got a special bank account I opened just to keep money safe for the day you put it FS. It's called "Money for that sweet-ass guitar Dylan made." :lol: So, you know, hit me up when you're ready! :cool:

tmfrank

Reaction score
My personal favorite :lol:

Attachments

• tumblr_mr0gxdetf61rig0i3o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mr0gxdetf61rig0i3o1_1280.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 70

Lewk

Reaction score
Cool! Bored with it yet? I've got a special bank account I opened just to keep money safe for the day you put it FS. It's called "Money for that sweet-ass guitar Dylan made." :lol: So, you know, hit me up when you're ready! :cool:

awww not going to happen :-/ If you're ever in the UK come and have a shred on it, though.

Jacobine

Reaction score
This is so ugly that I actually like it very much.

zemaitispf300csringbw.jpg

Builder- "Hey.. Uh, what body wood do you want?"
Whoever owns that guitar- "yeah, Uh, Just give me a tile floor that'll be okay.":lol:

Lewk

Reaction score
If you like Zemaitis guitars check out Teye guitars too

perla2_body1.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
anybody have a clue on the pricing of this exquisite inlaying? :lol: it looks too nice to play..

The Zemaitis? They're hugely expensive, but out of collectibility, not labor. The Japanese company that bought the reproduction rights puts out similar pearl tops for between $4-6k, while the originals are upwards of $60-90k.

I like them for the metal engraving. It's all Danny O'Brien's work, at least in designing and doing the engravings on original Zemaitis and the prototypes. I like what Teye's done with manufacturing his own hardware for just about all aspects of his guitars, but the gypsy-style engraving just doesn't jive.