Big strandberg development...

• Thread starter dudeskin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Another one here hoping for an import standberg evetually! :lol:

That being said this news makes it hard for me to waitnout my made to measure spot

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
I think Washberg rolls off the tongue a bit better...Strandburn sounds like something you would get after a one night stand with a bar chick.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I'll take it. Id love to spec out a Varberg 7 or 8

62.25" scale or gtfo

Have you spoken to Ola about varberg 7 or 8? I can't think why it'd only be available as a 6 for now but he says it is :/

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Honestly the Letchford sig seems pretty amazing specs wise, especially now with its upgrades to Stainless frets.

25.5"-62.25" scale length with 20" fretboard radius and chambered mahogany body seems near perfect.

Also I think it was on his fb that he said it is 5a flame instead of 1a now and someone else said something about possibly no more pickup rings? :hbang: :yesway: :shred: I NEED MONIESS, I wish I was Thomas Jane from Hung =P

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Let's ask the important question here, can I get one in Europe without paying import duty?

Paul Reed Shred

Reaction score
1. This is fantastic news, both for Strandberg as a company and Ola as a dude, I recall in one of the Varberg videos he said that his goal for his work was to get his designs in as many hands as there were out there wanting to play them. Looks to be a step in the right direction. :yesway:

2.The CL7 and Masvidalien are even more attractive now.

3. I wonder what this means as far as distribution is concerned? I know Nick @ The Axe Palace has a spot on his site up for/was planning on carrying the S7 Bodens, and even though Washburn isn't necessarily set up for mass-production on the scale of something Ibanez or FMIC could do, this could finally mean that they could in stock at a high-end guitar store for example. A place that carries custom shop makes and models would be the perfect location to set up shop in, and they could be played beforehand instead of bought on faith or waited upon for what looks to be several years on the list. I think a lot of the ergonomic benefits that are less obvious would be even more attractive when the Endurneck is felt instead of described, or the light weight is felt.. they would be to me at least. :cool:

4. I wonder if Ola will offer discounts to people on the waiting list as he did with the S7 offerings? Like before, this will clear out the people who want fairly pedestrian builds, and this time the quality of the builder won't be a dissuasive factor.

underthecurve

Reaction score
4. I wonder if Ola will offer discounts to people on the waiting list as he did with the S7 offerings? Like before, this will clear out the people who want fairly pedestrian builds, and this time the quality of the builder won't be a dissuasive factor.

I'm not sure if this was ever the case. I think priority was given to people already on the list, but prices remained the same. But, as someone who is around #150 on the wait list, I hope this does reduce the custom build lead time.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
I'll take it. Id love to spec out a Varberg 7 or 8

Deal. I'll hit you up when it comes around and find out I'm out of funds.

Also I just noticed that in the ad the Boden 8 actually has slanted pickups. Yes "fucking" way. :yesway:

Paul Reed Shred

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was ever the case. I think priority was given to people already on the list, but prices remained the same. But, as someone who is around #150 on the wait list, I hope this does reduce the custom build lead time.

yeah, that's what I meant, as I imagine the production models will have a fair bit of lead time as well.

Paul Reed Shred

Reaction score

also, I have to say, after watching this repeatedly a few times today, the look of those new EMGs has grown on me, and now I really want to see one of this sans pickup rings and with the 5A top.