BKP Rebel Yell 7-string Clip/MP3!! (+ NEMECIDE EP Preview)

Reaction score
Hey Adam thanks a lot man. Are you across the pond? You never know, our goal is to be able to tour all around someday so we'll see :)

Awesome dude, thanks. This pickup sounds especially awesome through my VHT. I just got back from jamming on it during a songwriting session all night long, it just continues to inspire. Such an incredibly complex and rich tone. This is my new favorite BKP.

A Holydiver song will be uploaded soon. Been pretty busy this week working on some new material (which sadly won't be on the EP) and recording vocals. Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah I'm in the UK. My band is pretty similar stylistically to Nemecide, I think we would work well on the same bill.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JMP2203

Reaction score
great!

we need more death metal tunes on this forum, i was so bored abouth that djent and metalcore thing

very cool tune!

Reaction score
great!

we need more death metal tunes on this forum, i was so bored abouth that djent and metalcore thing

very cool tune!

That's what I was thinking.

I do some Djent on the side (Plastic Samurai) but Death Metal is where it's at. Would be cool to get a Death Metal scene on SS.org

I'm not as good at home recording as this though but I'll give it a shot.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
great!

very cool tune!

That's what I was thinking.

I do some Djent on the side (Plastic Samurai) but Death Metal is where it's at. Would be cool to get a Death Metal scene on SS.org

Thanks dudes I appreciate it. Wait till you guys hear some of our new shit, it's about 100x more brutal and grim than this but still catchy.

Yeah I'm in the UK. My band is pretty similar stylistically to Nemecide, I think we would work well on the same bill.

Awesome man. We'll goto the UK at some point I'm sure of it. Keep in touch :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I find this funny, because usually he's the one getting buried! :lol:

Haha yeah, I'm not sure why that is. Maybe my Pittbull has a more cutting midrange than his or something. Or perhaps I just turn mine louder!

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
hey zim, wheres the rebel yell sit in the bkp lineup tonally?

is this more ilke a paf? i know lower output will mean a tighter tone, but im just curious..like id always thought a sweet pup for an 8 string would be a black dog or cs...but wonder what the rebel yell would be like....

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
So Yoff... When are we gonna hear all of the new shit?:cool:

Thanks for asking. Our CD is officially done as is all the artwork/photography/etc. We'll be getting the first shipment of CDs on Monday, just in time for our big CD release show in Boston on April 16th.

The album is called 'Incursion' and here is the cd cover...

incursion2.jpg

On Monday or Tuesday our MySpace, website, etc will be completely relaunching with all the pro artwork and (at last) finalized mp3s. We're really happy with how it came out given it was 100% self-produced. You guys are going to love the artwork too, looks really badass.

I'll be making a thread about all of this soon, with some song samples and more pics :metal:

hey zim, wheres the rebel yell sit in the bkp lineup tonally?

is this more ilke a paf? i know lower output will mean a tighter tone, but im just curious..like id always thought a sweet pup for an 8 string would be a black dog or cs...but wonder what the rebel yell would be like....

The Rebel Yell is not a low output pickup bro. It's almost the same amount of output as the Cold Sweat or Painkiller. It's got plenty of power, richness, and sustain. It has awesome note definition and aggression but has a 'sweetness' and polish to it I really love as well. It's awesome for metal as well as other styles, it is just LOADED with character and tone. I think it's one of the best pickups they make.

I think it would be a great 8-string pickup in the right kind of guitar. I use it in B-tuning but when I've noodled around in A or lower it still was punchy and clear. It's important to note the Rebel Yell is the tightest of the high-output alnico pickups BKP makes.

I *dont* think the Black Dog would make a good 8-string pickup. Tim often recommends that and I couldn't disagree more. I think the BD is too dry/peaky in high-gain applications. The Cold Sweat however is an excellent 8-string pickup (again, in the right wood combo).

So no, the Rebel Yell is nothing like a PAF. It's its own thing but sounds fucking wonderful. Don't even go by my clip here, it sounds 100x better in real life. The pickup wins through any amp I've tried it with too :)

If you have a guitar in mind you're thinking of putting BKPs in, let me know the specs of the guitar and I can help guide you in the right direction!

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't actually like the cover/logo (which reminds me somehow to Nevermore's), but the music sounds pretty damn good! :yesway:

sitargrind

Reaction score
So it seems you're the person to go to when it comes to deciding which BKP's to install into each specific guitar. I'm looking to get a Warpig in the bridge position, but not sure yet for the neck. I'm playing through an Ibanez VBT700, specs here - Buy Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade Electric Guitar | Solid Body Electric Guitars | Musician's Friend
Anyway, the sound I'm trying to achieve for my style, on this guitar at least, is straight up the most angry sound possible. As corny as that sounds, I'd rather use it than just say I want to sound brutal. I play a mixture of crystal-methamphetamine ingested melodic grindcore with a hint of black/death metal undertones here and there. And also a lot of jazzy cleans and post-rocky type sections.
I heard the Warpig was the way to go for the heavy, but I need something different for the cleans. Something so pristine and maybe even bluesy, so that the crystal clear tones will contrast what you'd expect to be heard from a V-shaped axe.
I'm running through a Mesa Triple Rectifier, a Mesa 4X12 Standard cab, a Line 6 Echo Park, a Line 6 Verbzilla, a Boss RC-20 loop station (which I'm sick of its inconsistencies, I'd like to get a Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex), and a Boss noisegate pedal. If anyone else who owns the Boss noisegate could help me out with this, I need some help EQing my 'gate, because it doesn't give me the reduction of feedback I need, no matter how high I have everything set.
So back to you Zimbloth, what would you recommend for a neck pickup? I plan on ordering these ASAP, I just need this decision to seal the deal. Also, you sell the BK pups, right?