Black C-8 Hellraisers to be available in a few months...

• Thread starter DarkKnight369
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RG7

Reaction score
Have you ever played a satin Blackjack ATX? I bet they are pretty acoustically alive as well. My gloss Schecters all have nice acoustics, but I think the Loomis is a little louder, stands out a bit more. I have never been disappointed with the acoustics on any of my Schecter's though, more or less presently surprised.

blackout8.jpg

I don't remember where, but I swear he said they were like $300-$400. I can't find it though.

Schecter Guitar Forum • View topic - Guitar/Gear pics for hardcore

is that a left handed schecter 8 string?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
Same!

What about details on left handed availability?

I asked at NAMM about a lefty 7 or 8 and was told only custom shop.
I think they have the 7 in a hellraiser 7 maybe, but I was specifically asking about a 7 string V. I asked about the 8's in general and was told "it's a niche market to begin with and that's why we're only making a limited run."

I think its a real flamed maple top because every one I see is so different. If it was a veneer, or photoflame, or whatever, you think they would all be the same, or similar.
It's a veneer.... you do realize a veneer on a guitar is real wood right.
QuiltedMakore.jpg
DSC01127.jpg
DSC01130-1.jpg

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Veneer: Noun. A THIN surface layer. An overlay with a THIN layer of fine or decorative material.

My question is that if its a veneer and its a carved body does that mean that they carved the wood over the arch and kept it real thin or is it only thin on the edges and actually is as thick as the carve in the middle, therefore actually making it too thick to be a veneer?

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
They carve the body and than glue the veneer on the top of the body so it takes the shape of the body. Usually on good imports and even a lot of the pretty high models from companies will have a normal maple top (or sometimes don't even spend the money on that and use alder/basswood/remaining mahogany etc) with a maple veneer on top of that. This gives you the tonal changes of a top and the look of a quilt/flame etc. but without the high price.
Here's an example.. an Epiphone Les Paul stripped down and sanded through the veneer to show a small mahogany cap giving the guitar it's arch.
studiobodycore.jpg

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
I dunno, the price is different. Might be for real.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
Mine:yum:

EDIT: On a second thought, I kinda smell a typo there?

Don't think so...if you look at the fine print on the bottom it says
"Super Limited Edition,Only 55-of these were made total."

They made 100 of the Cherry Red C-8's in the first batch alone....

Latest posts